Tour de Philadelphia

ccc2

I wonder how 3 other large racing groups could have possibly done it without breaking the rule :unsure: its a conspiracy against the poor elites I tell you ;)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be the commisaires discretion wasnt applied today merely because there were traffic cops leading the Elites out today? Maybe, I dont know as I wasn't in the Elite bunch to see how often riding over the white line was occurring, was it just one or 2 or 3 instances or was it all the time. Just a thought.

2:32, according to my Garmin that went a little blank for 10km, was fun first league event for me. Felt my legs this morning at journey for sight.

Could it be the commisaires discretion wasnt applied today merely because there were traffic cops leading the Elites out today? Maybe, I dont know as I wasn't in the Elite bunch to see how often riding over the white line was occurring, was it just one or 2 or 3 instances or was it all the time. Just a thought.

I do think that the degree of violation must be in the consideration process.

Some bunches have the odd rider or few that transgresses.

Some bunches have 'group mind' and break the 'white wall rule' at will and consistently with 10-15 riders or so trangressing.

Only the CAT 1 riders will know what actually transpired yesterday.

So come on then guys, give us your race times

2:27 for me from Cat2, I think maybe 1-2min behind the winners of our group, I didn't stay for prize giving so interested to see who finished where & how the points are allocated, etc, etc.

2:27 for me from Cat2, I think maybe 1-2min behind the winners of our group, I didn't stay for prize giving so interested to see who finished where & how the points are allocated, etc, etc.

Me, Sean Roos and Jacques Van Zyl got away around km 18 and were caught by a chase group of, I think maybe 7, with about 20km to go.

Attacks started to go in the last 3km and JP Jacobs rode away with about 1km to go and won alone. Not sure who was 2nd and 3rd, Neil Bradford was 4th, with probably Andrew Payne and Moolman Welgemoed and maybe Neil Swarts somewhere in the 5th 6th and 7th slots, with me 8th and Jacques and Sean 9th and 10th at a guess.

Would be nice to see the results though for some confirmation.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

Me, Sean Roos and Jacques Van Zyl got away around km 18 and were caught by a chase group of, I think maybe 7, with about 20km to go.

Attacks started to go in the last 3km and JP Jacobs rode away with about 1km to go and won alone. Not sure who was 2nd and 3rd, Neil Bradford was 4th, with probably Andrew Payne and Moolman Welgemoed and maybe Neil Swarts somewhere in the 5th 6th and 7th slots, with me 8th and Jacques and Sean 9th and 10th at a guess.

Would be nice to see the results though for some confirmation.

Thanks nice to know what exactly happens upfront when all i'm busy doing is hanging on for dear life, LOL!!

So, how much did you win by Hippo??

*I'll ignore the name-calling and possible sarcasm*

I didn't race.

How was your race?

Edited by ' Dale

*I'll ignore the name-calling and possible sarcasm*

I didn't race.

How was your race?

Was good, scored points and had fun in SV.

Was good, scored points and had fun in SV.

Cool!

Nicely done.

Racing looked tough yesterday on a good day for riding one's bike.

On another note:

Must say, the various CAT bunches looked healthy in numbers.

Excellent start to Summa League 2014.

Wonder when I'll spit blood in Vets again.

Heehee

Edited by ' Dale

Vets was boring,we may as well all cruised 1 km down the road ,turned around and all gone for the sprint.Very few guys trying to make some racing,hats off to those like shorty who try and make things interresting.

Seriously?!?! This topic had been flogged to death. They will likely never get rolling road closures so guess what, elites like everyone else will have to abide. SV's have also been DQ'd in the past.

"If" a truck/car took out half the bunch I'm sure the fact the other half would have survived to make the transgression worth it right!!! When a few riders violate and its safe to do then the comms will warn possibly. But if its a large portion of the bunch then in the interest of safety they should continue to disqualify the bunch in violation.

The CAT groups did look nice and big, but the funride was a joke. Just one group of about 50? riders. 4 of us sprinted and caught the CAT IV guys pretty quickly and rode with them the rest of the way, otherwise would have been a long day out. Probably won't do a funride with them again.

It appears my tactics of falling off the back with 15km to go may have been genius !! When I say tactics I mean I popped. :P

You missed the break...