Tour de Philadelphia

ccc2

I will be there, gonna strap both chips on, all this extra weight :P

Going to start with the league riders as had a good Burger and finished with the leading ladies, so I think the time has come to try league.

I have taken part in the scratch races at Killarney, will the pace be that intense for all 88km ?

Thanks

First competitive league race ever? Going to be baptism of fire with all the ex/semi/full-time racers in the Vets/Masters/ladies bunch. Good luck, you're gonna need it!!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I phoned PPA and they confirmed that they are not involved with this race. This also means that if you want to be timed, you need to buy the 2time chip. Next weekend league riders must wear both and other mortals only need the racete chip as it will be a Ppa race.

did they mention where we collect our race numbers?

Your number and purchased timing chip can be collected at: Cycle Centre, Edward Street, Bellville, Selective House on Friday the 10 January from 14h00 to 19h00.

Going to start with the league riders as had a good Burger and finished with the leading ladies, so I think the time has come to try league.

I have taken part in the scratch races at Killarney, will the pace be that intense for all 88km ?

Thanks

I'm in that same boat...league for the first time, although i'm missing this event, will be doing the Boland league every Saturday and this 1 every Sunday. Will be a good run to the Argus!

Thanks

Prepare yourself for spitting blood with the anaerobic intensity - especially up ascents and routine 'unscheduled' attacks and counter-attacks.

Great test.

(My experience was in Vets over the last few seasons)

I phoned PPA and they confirmed that they are not involved with this race. This also means that if you want to be timed, you need to buy the 2time chip. Next weekend league riders must wear both and other mortals only need the racete chip as it will be a Ppa race.

No reference on the PPA website to this event - so that backs up the fact that they aren't involved. My query then is why the discount for PPA members?

No reference on the PPA website to this event - so that backs up the fact that they aren't involved. My query then is why the discount for PPA members?

Scrap that - figured it out. PPA sponsor the league and this is part of the league. Got it...

My first time as well, if the pace is like that for 88km its gonna be a looong solo TT for me :ph34r:

Scrap that - figured it out. PPA sponsor the league and this is part of the league. Got it...

Confused me as well, but it makes sense that PPA wouldn't host 2 races on the same weekend (Journey 4 Sight)

This route is basically pan flat, where you learn to read a profile?

I train there lots.

Profiles are just profiles. Not the real terrain.

Go roll there yourself if you haven't yet.

Edited by ' Dale

This route is basically pan flat, where you learn to read a profile?

If you don't know the area, you're in for a bit of a surprise!!

'Dale, let him learn the hard way that a route profile does not reflect the real terrain.