Polar V800

SwissVan

Eina..just got the official phone call from the LBS that I was dreading...

Swiss price = 569 Franks... = ZAR 6782

Why do I get the feeling we being ripped off here (not necessarily by polar but maybe by the LBS)

I think so as well. $ 449-00 is a bit lower than that. Imho is that Polar wants to compete head on with the Garmin to be called the top tri watch. To dethrone Garmin it needs to be in the same price class.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo...any hubbers managed to get their hands on one of these yet?

Seen it for €485 with hr strap but excluding footpod,speed and cadence sensor.

Soooo...any hubbers managed to get their hands on one of these yet?

According to the guy at Solomons, who phoned the agent for me : mid-May release for SA.

Edited by Bodhi

Wow, that price is crazy

Eina..just got the official phone call from the LBS that I was dreading...

Swiss price = 569 Franks... = ZAR 6782

Why do I get the feeling we being ripped off here (not necessarily by polar but maybe by the LBS)

I spoke to the Polar guys at the Argus expo about it. He even let feel up one unit...

It still had a few bugs in the software that were getting sorted out. The particular rep also reckoned it would be released at around R6500 and somewhere towards mid-2014. To me this isn't very inspiring: you are flaunting an unfinished product with existing problems at a very expensive and speculative price. Why not finish and test the thing properly before putting out on show? Most amateur athletes who would employ this to its fullest capacity would have to think very carefully before they spend that kind of money - I think. The current way they introduce this does not inspire trust in me. Why would they gamble on something is clearly isn't very stable yet? I certainly won't.

I spoke to the Polar guys at the Argus expo about it. He even let feel up one unit...

It still had a few bugs in the software that were getting sorted out. The particular rep also reckoned it would be released at around R6500 and somewhere towards mid-2014. To me this isn't very inspiring: you are flaunting an unfinished product with existing problems at a very expensive and speculative price. Why not finish and test the thing properly before putting out on show? Most amateur athletes who would employ this to its fullest capacity would have to think very carefully before they spend that kind of money - I think. The current way they introduce this does not inspire trust in me. Why would they gamble on something is clearly isn't very stable yet? I certainly won't.

Its called marketing and baiting the customers....

Yep, one would think / hope / expect that when its released it will work, however when it comes to software....how often does it (any software) always work 100% :eek:

• 4 weeks later...

Any news on a release date?

Was told last week by LBS that its now due for release in the later part of May.

• 2 weeks later...

I see the V800 officially went on sale overseas today. I wonder if we're still on for a May release...

Anyone know where one can pre-order?

I see the V800 officially went on sale overseas today. I wonder if we're still on for a May release...

Anyone know where one can pre-order?

Let me know if you want, we have started placing pre-orders, there will a limited quantity at first.

Let me know if you want, we have started placing pre-orders, there will a limited quantity at first.

hi. Hows it going? I better be on that list.