Best full suspension for around 25k?

StevieL

OK, so I have no more than 25 000 to spend. Looking for a 29er for around this price...

What is the best value for money?

The Giant Anthem X looks like a good buy. A friend has one and swears by it...

What else should I be looking at?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At that price point, the Giants are damn hard to beat. A VERY good suspension platform and very good spec for the price. You may also be able to pick up some of last year's models for a bargain, which will help you along as well.

To be honest, there's nothing really that compares to the big G at that price in full suss. Maybe an epic, but then you'll probably be looking at closer to 30k for the same spec.

GIANT_GIANT_GIANT all the way for 25K

I would look here first though?could pick up a 40k value bike?

:w00t:

Ride it once = 2nd hand

At that price point, the Giants are damn hard to beat. A VERY good suspension platform and very good spec for the price. You may also be able to pick up some of last year's models for a bargain, which will help you along as well.

To be honest, there's nothing really that compares to the big G at that price in full suss. Maybe an epic, but then you'll probably be looking at closer to 30k for the same spec.

+1

StevieL, you've answered your own (initial) question. I came from a Stumpy HT and got the Anthem frame, took across what I could from the Stumpy.

It is awesome. Do yourself the favour...

Well, just go ride somebodies Anthem - that should be enough to convince/convert you (too).

Thanks for the feedback.

Seems there is only one bike in the mix.

Agree that it is an awesome bike.

I looked at spesialized camber fs for 21k. The groupset is not that hot but if you have 25 to spend i am sure you can upgrade the parts you wish for the rest of the budget. You will not be able to do everything but it can work unless you are not a spez fan.

Edited by Wolfie1

I looked at spesialized camber fs for 21k. The groupset is not that hot but if you have 25 to spend i am sure you can upgrade the parts you wish for the rest of the budget. You will not be able to do everything but it can work unless you are not a spez fan.

And if you're looking at a lesser suspension platform, yeah... (droptuckroll)

Giant wheels, stems and seatposts are not that great, but for the price you get a great frame and suspension. I like this because I would rather pay R800 for crap wheels on a new bike and then upgrade, than paying R2000 for some other crap wheels on a more expensive bike and then also need to upgrade.

just some FYI

the Trek Remedy 7 i saw was around R27k and the Remedy 8 for R30k, (i got the prices from the Bicycle.co.za buyers guide) ...