Cape Epic 2014

Pieterg

I wouldn't have believed you after Sabie, but does seem so

Love the vasbyt that the "roadie" aka rabubi showed today....people that wrote songo off after yesterday didn't see this coming.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems Sauser is pushing Rabon to the edge today. How long will the roadie keep up

Sauser is ruthless - remember him pushing Burry the first time they rode together...?

Someone described him as a wolf in sheep's clothing... :)

This year is the most open it has been imo....hardly anyone dominating, and we are only at the first stage.

Uber is human afterall

Perhaps, just frustrating to not see any of the action live like you do with the TDF. Probably an unrealisticexpectation but I would have thought it would have advanced to this by now

Saving himself :ph34r:

wahahahha for what....day 1 and day 5 is surely the days where the big guns will put their cards on the table...bulls 1 on the backfoot after today...

Saving himself :ph34r:

Hell what went wrong there.. one moment they were in the lead and the next moment blown. . This does not go well with my emotions..I have invested a lot of emotion in them.. shows you hey.. no matter how strong you are anything can happen.

But this was stage 1.. and I have faith they will make up the lost time... I hope ;)

Perhaps, just frustrating to not see any of the action live like you do with the TDF. Probably an unrealisticexpectation but I would have thought it would have advanced to this by now

Yea must admit, I would love live coverage...don't think the terrain and logistics allow for it though...not yet anyway. It also costs beeeeeg tom to keep a chopper in the air.

Sauser is ruthless - remember him pushing Burry the first time they rode together...?

Wiley cayote...for sure. Love his work though.

Road racing and MTB are so different that moving from one to the other requires a long period of adaptation.

It took Miguel Martinez 2 years to adapt to road cycling and he never achieved the same success as he did on a MTB.

Thus far Cadel Evens is the most successfull cyclist across both disciplines having won the World Cups (XC) in 1998 and 1999 (3rd in 1997) and also having won the TDF. (although that came 12 years after his MTB success)

Success in one discipline does not guarantee success in the other

Don't forget Rasmussen :ph34r:

Actually, rather do...

Make no mistake the man is one of the very mountain bikers over the last 10years. His consistency at the marathon is almost boring (he is swiss afterall). But lets face it, he and Rabon are still the favourites and everyone else are just there to nip at the heels. The other teams don't seem to have taken it as seriously as Sauser. I'm keen to see how centurion-vaude get on over the rest of the week.

Love the vasbyt that the "roadie" aka rabubi showed today....people that wrote songo off after yesterday didn't see this coming.

Hell even at stages today it sounded like he was battling. .flippen well done to him for digging deep.

wahahahha for what....day 1 and day 5 is surely the days where the big guns will put their cards on the table...bulls 1 on the backfoot after today...

4 minutes in the Epic is nothing though... early days!

Make no mistake the man is one of the very mountain bikers over the last 10years. His consistency at the marathon is almost boring (he is swiss afterall). But lets face it, he and Rabon are still the favourites and everyone else are just there to nip at the heels. The other teams don't seem to have taken it as seriously as Sauser. I'm keen to see how centurion-vaude get on over the rest of the week.

Nooit....everyone is / was punting bulls 1 with urs's form and the experience they have. Off course seeing uber blow up must have been spectacular...like an a-bomb going off

4 minutes in the Epic is nothing though... early days!

Sure, by backfoot I mean, urs has to come back out of mordor and recover...tough ask, this is their job though.

loving topeak's work...with mennen's live tv f-bomb and all