Cape Epic 2014

Pieterg

it s a bit of inner tube stretched between the lowers arch and the crown to stop mud building up around the fork arch and clogging up the seals

It also keeps mud out of your face. Your front wheel throws mud through the opening between the arch and crown of the fork. The mud is projected forward at an upward angle, and as the rider moves forward, some of the mud ends up in his face. This mudguard catches the mud and keeps it out of your face.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One guy just got towed in from the last WP "30km" by guys from different teams!!! and made his cut off by 6min's. :clap: :clap: :clap:

That is awesome spirit

OR illegal and delaying the inevitable depends how you look at it

Very true. But in all honesty I don't suppose these guys are top contenders and stand the chance to be on the podium.

Shame yes great spirit non the less.. maybe organiser will look the other way ;)

Drive train issues. an you may receive as much support as you can get from other participants. as long as it is not outside support.

there's some footage from early days that shows why towing is illegal now. Was the standard practice for mixed teams

His freehub pawls disintegrated so he had to "Flintstone" his bike to the finish.

i get it and i feel for them but to pull amps like that now, its possible to turn it around but very unlikely,

lets hope the team pulling them does not get penalized and lets hope the team needing the tow has a miraculous turn around

Clearly this means a lot to Platt. Looks very emotional. .aaah if I were there I would hug him

post-39623-0-09774900-1395759847_thumb.jpeg

His freehub pawls disintegrated so he had to "Flintstone" his bike to the finish.

i stand corrected,,,,,as they say assumption is the MOTHER of all..........

Clearly this means a lot to Platt. Looks very emotional. .aaah if I were there I would hug him

what would max say to that?

Maybe still has mud in his eyes ?