Cyclist down in Cape Town

Madone69

Is there perhaps an Air Cooled Culture sticker on the car? My friend knows a lot of people who belong to that club, so I will get in contact with him quick. Anybody perhaps have a picture of the car?

Send the photo to Juan de Goede at Air Cooled culture he will know the owner's name for sure

Take the car as hostage as per tow truck drivers and demand compensation for all damages before releasing it

The Air Cooled Culture guys spend big bucks fixing their cars up - I know because I belong to the group - so he will have the money to fix this.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Send the photo to Juan de Goede at Air Cooled culture he will know the owner's name for sure

Take the car as hostage as per tow truck drivers and demand compensation for all damages before releasing it

The Air Cooled Culture guys spend big bucks fixing their cars up - I know because I belong to the group - so he will have the money to fix this.

Bit off topic, but please start a thread of your car/cars .... would be very keen to see.

Thanks Gerlach. Any info will help. There is a case open with SAPS

by law, the name of the culprit cannot be released. if he really wants to trace the guy/owner of the vehicle, he needs to have a contact at the traffic department (the easiest). naming the guy can open a can of worms which will make your life difficult.

I have done an email to Air Cooled Culture to see if they are willing to part with the driver's name and/or details - I will let you know

by law, the name of the culprit cannot be released. if he really wants to trace the guy/owner of the vehicle, he needs to have a contact at the traffic department (the easiest). naming the guy can open a can of worms which will make your life difficult.

You could however say the car belong to Mr So and So I imagine, as long as you do not say this person was the culprit ... just that it was this persons car?

Bit off topic, but please start a thread of your car/cars .... would be very keen to see.

I have a 1978 2000cc Air Cooled Kombi - my dayly driver when I'm not on the bike commuting and a 1972 1600cc beach buggy - just for fun :whistling:

Ja, he should only be named on any media platform if and when he appears in court.

Ja, he should only be named on any media platform if and when he appears in court.

Why so?

If I got knocked over by a driver and I know his name, and I can prove he knocked me down, have eyewitnesses, why cannot I shout his name from the highest roof (media)? What about my freedom of speech?

surely one can name the owner. naming the owner does not mean he was driving but he should know who was driving or will the owner possibly report the vehicle as stolen ? hope the cyclist can recognise the driver.

Why so?

If I got knocked over by a driver and I know his name, and I can prove he knocked me down, have eyewitnesses, why cannot I shout his name from the highest roof (media)? What about my freedom of speech?

I think because legally speaking he is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

My feeling is it would be better to name and shame the guy once he is convicted to prevent any legal complications leading up to and during the case.

I have a 1978 2000cc Air Cooled Kombi - my dayly driver when I'm not on the bike commuting and a 1972 1600cc beach buggy - just for fun :whistling:

Ichops, Naam asb. :)

Why so?

That's media law. It applies to this forum as much as it does to newspapers and other media. There are some instances in which this can be overridden - like, for instance, the suspect is a dangerous criminal (which some would argue he is…).

That's media law. It applies to this forum as much as it does to newspapers and other media. There are some instances in which this can be overridden - like, for instance, the suspect is a dangerous criminal (which some would argue he is…).

If you use a dangerous weapon (car) and run away from the scene like a criminal you must be classified as a dangerous criminal.

wow that car is properly dinged..that must have hurt. Really infuriates me that people like this driver exist

If you use a dangerous weapon (car) and run away from the scene like a criminal you must be classified as a dangerous criminal.

For sure, but if you can't prove all the details of the incident as posted here, you could be open to a defamation case.