Cyclist down in Cape Town

Madone69

Hopefully this is legal enough:

That numberplate is for the Worcester area. A quick google search on the car and town yields cellphone numbers and names (Worcester is not that big). A quick glance at the facebook profiles for said names return one individual posing with very similar cars. Coincidence?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For legal reasons I'd rather not hand out names, but the person I tracked down, is part of the "Air-Cooled Culture" group on Facebook, and from Worcester. Very suspect.

For legal reasons I'd rather not hand out names, but the person I tracked down, is part of the "Air-Cooled Culture" group on Facebook, and from Worcester. Very suspect.

give the person a call just to test the waters

Hopefully this is legal enough:

That numberplate is for the Worcester area. A quick google search on the car and town yields cellphone numbers and names (Worcester is not that big). A quick glance at the facebook profiles for said names return one individual posing with very similar cars. Coincidence?

the power of the interwebs and social media.... some scary stuff indeed

I hope there is enough laws to solidly bust the driver and protect the cyclist.

Be crazy if the driver just gets a little leaving scene of an accident slap on the wrist and little else.

Wouldn't be surprised, seeing their behaviour so far, if the driver is one those people who couldn't be bothered with helping the cyclist with their expenses, even if the driver is more than able to help financially.

Drivers cutting in front of you is one of life's more terrifying experiences, the fact that a car is just about to slam into you, its not your fault and there's f0k all you can do to not seriously eat sh1t3...

I tray to call Juan Goede. His the person that running the ACC group, his not picking up his phone. I will tray later again.

It was a seriously hard knock that bent the roof like that. I restored a Ghia like that one myself, and they are very solid little cars made out of thick steel and all hand welded. I'm very glad the cyclist is more or less OK after that impact.

That is some great detective work done by some of the above posters!

I hope there is enough laws to solidly bust the driver and protect the cyclist.

Be crazy if the driver just gets a little leaving scene of an accident slap on the wrist and little else.

Wouldn't be surprised, seeing their behaviour so far, if the driver is one those people who couldn't be bothered with helping the cyclist with their expenses, even if the driver is more than able to help financially.

Drivers cutting in front of you is one of life's more terrifying experiences, the fact that a car is just about to slam into you, its not your fault and there's f0k all you can do to not seriously eat sh1t3...

The fine can be up to R30k or a 10-year sentence, I think. I could prosecutor could secure a decent conviction if the case is investigated well.

Maybe we can post the pictures to their facebook page and ask them to tell the owner to remove his car. Hehehehe :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Good idea if you ask me, I will do it if need be :thumbup:

so basically 2 days have gone by and this guy has not shown up after running away? anyone know if he has actually come forward?