Morningside Cycles - damaged my fork, didn't fix, won't call back

pierre-

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I sent a bike there it came back missing a clamp and plug from one of the lock-on grips.

They did give me a replacement clamp and plug, still not a good experience though.

Sounds like a weed workshop to me.

Smoke the weed then try fix a bike :)

and they are still in business.........?

sorry about the bike bud,i feel your frustration!

Strange, I've always had awesome service from them.

They're always very helpful and on numerous occasions pulled something out their parts box that I was looking for and given it to me at no charge.

They're always very helpful and on numerous occasions pulled something out their parts box that I was looking for and given it to me at no charge.

+1 - regularly take my bike in there for a service and have never had an issue.

They installed my fork (when I upgraded from spring to air), built up my American Classics and did the rebuild from alu frame to carbon. All well priced and good service. It's always come back cleaned too, even when in for something minor. Strange to hear about the kuk service you've had, Pierre... Hopefully everything gets sorted for you.

Me too. I go there quite a bit and the guys are always happy to help where they can.

Sorry to say it but that kinda service is DISGRACE ! Im not even talking about the SHITE workmanship, im talking about Jared's lack of balls and ownership in trying to make it ''right'.

Your shop cocked it up. They could at least have called him back.

By not calling back its an admission of guilt.

F@cking appaling !

So Jared, when your balls grow back lets hear your side of the story.

Not cool man. Suppose everyone has a different experience, be it with car brands, banks, bikes and shops... Sad that there is no consistency anymore. Only person I trust with my bike is me

Sorry to say it but that kinda service is DISGRACE ! Im not even talking about the SHITE workmanship, im talking about Jared's lack of balls and ownership in trying to make it ''right'.

Your shop cocked it up. They could at least have called him back.

By not calling back its an admission of guilt.

F@cking appaling !

So Jared, when your balls grow back lets hear your side of the story.

Godzilla, I see you are are based in Cape Town so was just wondering if you have actually ever met Jared because you seem to be very eager to attack him with some very serious insults. He is the hardest working person I know and yes people do slip up I'm not saying what happened is acceptable. He has helped me huge amounts for as long as I have knowing him and you have no right to insult him like that especially if you have not met him!

To the OP I'm really sorry about your experience at MSC I have alway had fantastic service there, hope you get sorted!

I used MSC a couple of times and they know their stuff! Jared has always been helpful, bled my brakes on my Lynskey when I didn't have the tools for it.

I'm sure they will try make this right.

I have to say taking something back 2 months later is a bit dubious to begin with. If I was a bike shop owner I'd probably be sceptical that my guys had caused the damage. Try find any industry where a 2 month "trial" period is entertained.

I use MSC (normally deal with Jared) for all my local purchases and work which I don't do myself... have never had an issue and they've always been eager to help out wherever possible. I do agree that they're not great with calling back, but that's only complaint I could throw their way.

As for the screwdriver to the crown race, I've been in their workshop a couple of times and can't believe that they didn't have the right tool to install a crown race. Are you absolutely sure the damage wasn't their before the bike went in?