EPIC COMP CARBON 2014 or Momsen VIPA?

Wasbeer

That means you would have to ride more than 6 hours every day for 365 days a year. Well done dude, congrats . :thumbup:

Nope.

Service is 50hrs, R700 and every 150hrs it's R1500

So I do about 45-50 hours per month.

So month 1 and 2 I spend R1400 on the 50 and 100 hr service. Month 3 I do the 150 hr service at R1500.

So for 3 months I have spent R2900.

Repeat 4 times for the year and you at about 10-12k.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the Camber like? My LBS tried to sell that to me over the Epic Elite, but I am a junky for gadgets, and the brain (front and back) made more sense for multi-stages.

I agree that the fast track standard tires are kuk though. Playing around with pressures to see whether I can find a sweet spot. But looks like I'll be moving on to the Rocket Ron and Wolverine/weirwolf combo. What tires you running/recommend?

I loved the camber, but somehow it felt big. Dont quite know how to explain it, but in tight corners I felt it was long and big. I dont get that feeling with the Epic. also the camber does not have the brain.

My Epic is running Specialized ground control tyres, 2.3 front and 2.1 rear. Working extremely well I must add.

Nope.

So month 1 and 2 I spend R1400 on the 50 and 100 hr service. Month 3 I do the 150 hr service at R1500.

No.

50 hrs service = R700

then 200 hrs (150hrs after the 50hr service) = R1500

then every 150hr thereafter = R1500

In 9 months I spend the following on the Vipa:

R550 on a new front tyre. Non-snakeskin original got ripped in Jonkers

That's my comprehensive list of Vipa exspenses. Oh, and I had to take a set of brake pads out of "stock" to replace what was on there.

I've spend R0 (ex Vat) on the suspension.

No.

50 hrs service = R700

then 200 hrs (150hrs after the 50hr service) = R1500

then every 150hr thereafter = R1500

Ah, ok that makes sense now

Thanks

That's my comprehensive list of Vipa exspenses. Oh, and I had to take a set of brake pads out of "stock" to replace what was on there.

And, since you're running RS on both ends, when the time comes you'll need to fork out a few hundred bucks for seals and a little inflator adaptor, and the rest you can do yourself.

No need to fork out a million bucks to the likes of Spez (or me) if you don't want to.

And, since you're running RS on both ends, when the time comes you'll need to fork out a few hundred bucks for seals and a little inflator adaptor, and the rest you can do yourself.

No need to fork out a million bucks to the likes of Spez (or me) if you don't want to.

...and it becomes even less when you add in the fact that RS ships with replacement parts and service kit. Gotta love it.

And, since you're running RS on both ends, when the time comes you'll need to fork out a few hundred bucks for seals and a little inflator adaptor, and the rest you can do yourself. No need to fork out a million bucks to the likes of Spez (or me) if you don't want to.

Come on Droo, I thought you had more self respect than to work on a spz. I'd let them work on their own S**t.

Love RS for the simplicity and servicability. Also I suspect RS-1 is a Lefty with another leg but will confirm when I get my hands on one :)

So to re-cap, on the suspension side

Cheapest to buy: RockShox

Cheapest to Service: RockShox

Ease of service: RockShox

Least TLC needed: RockShox

And most would give "overall performance" to RockShox as well. That's what you call a whitewash...

So to re-cap, on the suspension side

Cheapest to buy: RockShox

Cheapest to Service: RockShox

Ease of service: RockShox

Least TLC needed: RockShox

And most would give "overall performance" to RockShox as well. That's what you call a whitewash...

They do work fine untill they stop working IMO. there is a reason they give you spare parts with :ph34r:

Come on Droo, I thought you had more self respect than to work on a spz. I'd let them work on their own S**t.

Love RS for the simplicity and servicability. Also I suspect RS-1 is a Lefty with another leg but will confirm when I get my hands on one :)

For the right price...

Also quite keen to get my spanners on an RS-1. Don't imagine it'll be too much difference from a standard RS though - but possibly with an XC version of the Charger damper.

Pretty much the Lefty's damper with different tune and the solo air airspring moved to the right hand leg

Nope.

Google everything you need to know on the basics of servicing a bike.

Buy the necessary tools as you go along and by year end you will do it all on ur own :)

Its not rocket science-it's a bicycle lol

Curious to know the mileage done in those 9 months Iwan, for reference purposes obviously.