Magalies Monster 2014

Dirt De Vil

All the organisation and route are top notch but with a race this big on the MTB calendar and the numbers involved I do think the organisers should bring in the seeding system. Thats only fair.I had the same problem at the start and was in the chute halve hour before the start and was three quarter near the back.

100% Could not agree more. I don't race much myself but its very frustrating when riders are scared of down hills, climbs and the smallest of technical bits to bugger the ride up for most other riders.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if it wasn't tough you should have gone faster than 5 hours. Don't you think?

Why? Toughness of the route and fitness are two totally different issues.

Oh last comment....

Big up to the monster organizer, and Stillwater sport. This is an extremely well organized event....tough, but every thing runs like soap. Awesome goodie bag, awesome medal, awesome trail, awesome chill zone.

Take a bow

Reminds me I must fetch my goodies bag from you ha ha.............

Awesome day out. The Monster never fails to impress and never fails to have bumps and rocks and grass right to the end. True MTB race.

Just got in before the cramps were about to start, so for once I was not a cripple on the finish line. :whistling:

Had some great laughs on the way with rouxtjie, jcza, mike, typhoon and many beers at the finish line..... :thumbup:

Great to see my sister and nephew win the 45km. They do the training for the family and I drink the beer drinking for the family :-) :clap:

Reminds me I must fetch my goodies bag from you ha ha.............

What goodie bag...

dont worry, I have it safe and sound in my bakkie...you have 7 days or else I will take it

Thats all

I had a great weekend away at Buffelspoort. Started the race in the front batch and that helped alot compared to last year. All the short steep climbs were not congested and could move easily, I rode at my own pace all the way. Monster this year was much easier than last. I got to meet Divernick at about 42k, spoke to him for a while before he slowly left me with my 30 gears and he with his 1 !!!!!

I had a slight lapse in concentration looking at other riders and almost bought a game farm in rustenburg. I wacked my rear derailer and snapped the cage, tried to bend it and it made it worse. i lost my top 2 granny gears and my 2 fast gears..... I used my front 3 a lot more to compensate. at the zip line centre I cramped BAD, and got off bike, Luckily there was a guy in need of bombs, so I hung with him for 10min trying to sort his wheel, pity his valve was also damaged. Cramped every 6/7km from there home

Did 5 min more than last year, but 1,2km avg speed higher, so I was actually happy after cramps and mechanical!!

Good to see there are still a lot of 26"s out there!!!

Thanks Stillwater, FNB, Buffelspoort and all the rest for a great weekend.

Next year awaits!!!

What goodie bag...

dont worry, I have it safe and sound in my bakkie...you have 7 days or else I will take it

Thats all

What does that mean beers this week?

Was my first mtb race and I enjoyed every km of it. Only did the 45km but next year the big 80. Lots of congestion at the beginning and at some uphills and downhills that slowed me down. But overall great event.

Great event. As hard as expected, thanks for all the good info from the hubbers that conquered it previously. It might have been too big a suprise if one was totally unprepared for what was coming.

Ja dit was ek. Het nogal lekker saam met Gerkie gecruise! Dankie vir phodie bo op die monster.

Hey Dude , no problem .....

Post biekie daai foto .

Thanks for all the advice/help and chain-links while I was “converting” to single speed halfway up Monster Climb!

Also the guy who assisted 5km from the end with forcing chain back into the right gear! Much appreciated.

post-25481-0-34652900-1401089596_thumb.jpg

At the top.

You were gatvol and wanted to throw your bike away?

So sorry to have missed it this year :(