Magalies Monster 2014

Dirt De Vil

That's hot- guys dig chicks with sports injuries ;)

That's hot- guys dig chicks with SCARS!

(Fixed - show that life just does not happen, they make life happen!).

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure which hubber camr past me on the climb.. but dude. . Did you know you only have 1 gear and no shock...

Hahahaha! Today I have no legs or arms...

Starting the race still with a cold and snotty nose wasn't the best idea...

Was fine till half way up the Monster, then no power or energy.

Lost sight of Swifts wheel, Mike came past, then rode with Ross a bit.

Little while later Jc came passed too.

Was suffering badly with nothing to give and just plodded to the finish, last few km's with Routjie.

Just under 5h is the longest time on a bike during a race, previously held by my first race Rooiberg 75 in 4:45.

Great organisation and route, although it did suck badly for a first race on a hardtail.

Holy moly....anyone catch the number plate of that truck... :P

Body definitely feels like I wrestled a Monster yesterday.

But happy with my race, had a flat wheel but bombed it up and kept going, cramps all round from about 65km, but stopping the clock at 4:50 got my sub5 target.

Well done guys and gals, crazy hard race!

I'm sure you feeling a bit shell shocked after that on a rigid.

I't was not to bad. My tire pressure was spot on.

It was an irritating day at the Monster for me. I started at the back of the pack and that was my fault. I should have started with the guys more to the front of the pack. The riders could not ride any of the technical bits and or climbs and climbed off their bikes without even trying or even pulling off to the side to let other riders past. VERY frustrating. Then my blood sugar dropped 30km in and I just could not get it back up again, and thus the cramps started.

Lessons learned.... 1. Be at the start allot earlier, to avoid any non technical folks.

2.Carry allot more glucose sachets as spares.

3.The route was brilliant and tough, and well organized. Well done to Stillwater and all the sponsors involved!

Edited by Jakkals77

Hahahaha! Today I have no legs or arms...

Crazy man.. but you have my respect. . My hubby said you had a little chat with him at the top of the monster. .(well he thinks it was you). You left as I got to the top, just saw the orange shirt leave

Crazy man.. but you have my respect. . My hubby said you had a little chat with him at the top of the monster. .(well he thinks it was you). You left as I got to the top, just saw the orange shirt leave

Yea we did. Pity he was having such a bad ride. Hope your arm gets well soon! And well done!

Awesome ride again guys. I clocked exactly the same ave speed as last year on the same bike running the same 32-19, so I can't complain about my time. Sub 5:30 was my goal and I got in at 5:25.

Between 45 & 55km I was in a dark place, pretty much hit the wall, legs were pap. Stopped and squeezed a Roctane GU in my face and wowzers, 5 min later I was flying. Finished way fresher than last year and enjoyed the beers and burger with the okes at the end.

I'll be back next year for my sub-5. (maybe with some gears....)