Monthly cycling spend  

146 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you burn through?

• <R500
    • R500 - R1500
    • R1500 - R3500
    • R3500 - R5000
    • >R5000

I remember a little while ago seeing a thread that asked Hubbers to state how much they earned per month, that got me thinking, how much do you spend per month on cycling or cycling related activities?

Now this can include race entries, spares, parts, your coffee stops, beer and burger right after your ride, kit...basically everything besides your transport to the race or place you going to ride (because that would be a completely inconsistent variable)

I can comfortably say I spend between R1500 - R2000 per month...sometimes probably more...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say, I don't spend enough..

How can you put a price for the sanity I find on two wheels, the joys of been free,

Cycling helps me find my balance, relaxes me, how can you put a price on that

And The fact that the money I spend would probably end up in medical bills if I didn't cycle,

I guess if you get really into it and take into consideration fuel to events and accommadation, I sometimes spend 5000 and more. Heading up to the Herald next week from Cape Town, fuel, accom, entry fee, quite expensive. But worth every penny.

I started cycling almost exactly one year ago, I've spent about R40 000 on it since...

Will probably spend around that amount this year as well.

I can't remember the last time I spent anything on cycling. I paid for the 24hr in December if that counts?

How can you put a price for the sanity I find on two wheels, the joys of been free,

And The fact that the money I spend would probably end up in medical bills if I didn't cycle,

I like your approach to it, cycling isn't the most budget friendly of activities but 90% of the time I justify it all the time! :)

I can't remember the last time I spent anything on cycling. I paid for the 24hr in December if that counts?

Yip, if that was an event entry, I'd say that counts...

As one of the HUBBERS signatures says(something along the lines)

WHEN I DIE TELL MY WIFE THE REAL VALUE OF MY BIKES

ILL JUST SAY NOT MUCH, CHEAP,CHEAP IN FACT

It's a deep dark pit, once you believe you should spend more on better components, rather than training harder and harnesing the potential of your selected steed!

Apologies, I know you didn't ask for an opinion :mellow:

Wow. If I was not cycling already, your pitch would have sold me. Very well put. :) I can relate to every point you have made.

It's a deep dark pit, once you believe you should spend more on better components, rather than training harder and harnesing the potential of your selected steed!

Apologies, I know you didn't ask for an opinion :mellow:

Opinions are welcome...as long as they are the correct ones...

I can comfortably say I spend between R1500 - R2000 per month...sometimes probably more...

:eek:

I can comfortably say I spend close to R0/month. And I ride two hours a day mon-fri, and at least 8 hours on a weekend.