[Event] PPC Kremetart Stage Race

The Guy in Pink

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have now officially entered.

Just remember that the 175km is not as bad as it seems. We did it last year on only 6 months of riding as training.

Just make sure you have a good pair of bibs :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Entered will be my first, what sort of wheather can one expect, cold in the morning?

armwarmers to start but once you're up the first hill (12kms) you dont need them. Gets quite hot by end of 2nd stage but fine again from midway on 3rd stage. I've done 8 and theyve all been like that; tho 2 yrs ago there was a cold front affected stage one more.

• 1 month later...

How much climbing is there in the race per stage? I know one big hill in first stage, then rolling hills. But I am looking for numbers.

How much climbing is there in the race per stage? I know one big hill in first stage, then rolling hills. But I am looking for numbers.

St1 is 500m ascent in 53 km

St2 is 220m " 47 km

St3 is 340m " 52 km

St4 is 205m " 23 km

According to Polar

armwarmers to start but once you're up the first hill (12kms) you dont need them. Gets quite hot by end of 2nd stage but fine again from midway on 3rd stage. I've done 8 and theyve all been like that; tho 2 yrs ago there was a cold front affected stage one more.

1st climb is 8 km long.

1st climb is 8 km long.

Actually you're right - looking at the map I see that, only it feels longer, and when I'm puffed out at the top it takes me a while to get the armwarmers off - so 12km could be total armwarmer wearing distance.

Glad to have cleared that up.

Edited by Joe Low

Entry paid. Accomodation was booked last year and paid in January so now I just need to sort my training out. Again, stage 1 will be in a Cow suit. Stage 4 in the suit as well if I am alive enough ;-) This year I really hope to have enough sense of humour at the end of stage 3 to actualyy do something I just thought about doing last year....

Roll on June!

• 4 weeks later...

Where is the best place to stay?

Or am I too late and all the good places gone?

Looked on the website for accommodation but none of them very helpful as don't give distance to start.

Where is the best place to stay?

Or am I too late and all the good places gone?

Looked on the website for accommodation but none of them very helpful as don't give distance to start.

Make sure that you stay in town. We stayed a little out of town, that made the journey back and forth a nightmare.

We are staying at Mashovhela Lodge. Pricey, but close to start.

We will be able to enjoy the Friday evening this year, as last year we went back in the afternoon for a nap, and no one wanted to track into town.

• 1 month later...

18 days to go.... not sure if I'm going to do the Cow suit thing... worried about my strength and fitness. Looking forward to my highlight of the year!

• 2 weeks later...