[Event] PPC Kremetart Stage Race

The Guy in Pink

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year this was a Championchip timed event. This year it's TimeMe. Does anyone know how things work with TimeMe and their timing chips. I can find nothing on their website and nothing on the Kremetart website. We did not need to buy or rent chips when we entered but it would be great to know how it is going to work. :mellow:

Looking at (un)Accuweather, it will be a colder weekend than previous years. Eish!

Edited by Underachiever

Looking at (un)Accuweather, it will be a colder weekend than previous years. Eish!

Ja....I see Gauteng in general will be bibber cold. As well as LT.

As long as it does not rain.

Two years ago it was cold up there and it led to howling winds - different areas of atmospheric pressure, I guess. Coming down the mountain on Stage 1 was tricky.

Last year this was a Championchip timed event. This year it's TimeMe. Does anyone know how things work with TimeMe and their timing chips. I can find nothing on their website and nothing on the Kremetart website. We did not need to buy or rent chips when we entered but it would be great to know how it is going to work. :mellow:

Reply from Kremetart:

We are supplying the timing chip for you. It will be included in your race pack - free of charge - part of the 25th Kremetart celebrations!

See you at the Kremetart!

Two years ago it was cold up there and it led to howling winds - different areas of atmospheric pressure, I guess. Coming down the mountain on Stage 1 was tricky.

Last year was ok weather but big time headwind in Stage 2. Flat stage but slowest average speed...

Last year was ok weather but big time headwind in Stage 2. Flat stage but slowest average speed...

Same thing in 2012!! St.2 was just above 30 kph!

Look like we will have an Easterly wind this year, so St. 3&4 will be interesting.

Are you guys aware of the route change due to bad roads on certain sections. It will now be only a 3 stage:

Stage 1: - same as original

Stage 2: - From Breakfast point right on Alldays road with a turning point and back to Breakfast point

Stage 3: - Stage 1 in reverse back to Louis Trichardt

Although slightly shorter stage 3 will be a toughy with that climb back through the tunnels

I have ridden a few local events with TimeMe, They supply a chip in the race number and have no hassles with the timing.- Lets hope they can handle the stages and categories.

The route change is a biggie, but despite the best efforts of the organisers in trying to repair the surface the stage 3 is unrideable .

We used to ride up through the tunnels on the first Kremetarts when we started at Tohoyandou. The tunnels are actually a steep gradient so require work. The finish at the bottom of the mountain in LTT will be "interesting" as it was in the first few races.

Am I correct in saying that there would be about 700 m climbing on the return leg back to LT :eek:

According to my Polar you would indeed be spot on!! Measured 713m in 2012.

Normally we climb about 1250m in total. I estimate it will increase to 1450m, but back weighted - so it's gonna be lekker tough!!

Quick check on the old files, it should look something like this.

Thanks Spinnekop!

Mildly pannicking now! I'm heavy to haul up those hills at the end of such a long day...

Edited by BDF

Thanks Spinnekop!

Mildly pannicking now! I'm heavy to haul up those hills at the end of such a long day...

mmmmm. Don't think it is going to be that bad though.....ROUGHLY same climbing as previously.....like stated before a hundred or two more in TOTAL over the 175km.

Race is shorter.

ONE climb in the end and you are done.

Whereas that old stage 3.....eish....it kills you! Now you only have a clearly defined climb and once you are over you are heading home with one super speed!