[Event] PPC Kremetart Stage Race

The Guy in Pink

It appears that the results are being corrected.... 30+ results are more correct than they were.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that the results are being corrected.... 30+ results are more correct than they were.

The results they added to Stage 2 can't possibly be correct. For example, I finished in the lead bunch in VM in a time of 1:40:18 per my Garmin, not the 1:29:45 they have for the first VM (Stefano)! Also, I don't think HB Kruger finished the stage at close to 49km/h!

I think they have much work to do to fix their mess!

:-(

Edited by BDF

Aftermath, got 7th GC in 40+. Enjoyed (& Died) the route changes.

Do think however, stage 2 too flat, bunches stayed together, with some tired legs and wind, made it quite dangerous. Perhaps a climb or two to stretch things out won't hurt.

There were some crashes in tunnels (heard of tandem & 40+) Definitely extra light needed.

The quicker you finish, the longer the wait to next stage; I find it hurts more to get going again, was wondering how many entries could be expected if we requested a special category that goes non- stop, take your bottles and grub with you - similar to DC. Any takers?

The results they added to Stage 2 can't possibly be correct. For example, I finished in the lead bunch in VM in a time of 1:40:18 per my Garmin, not the 1:29:45 they have for the first VM (Stefano)! Also, I don't thing HB Kruger finished the stage at close to 49km/h!

I think they have much work to do to fix their mess!

:-(

Agree, lots of work to do still. I finished stage 3 next to a certain Dimension Data rider, and his name does not even feature. An Ocean Basket rider that also finished with me, is shown to finish only 5 min after us.

Very disappointing!!

Edited by Underachiever

Results seem to have been sorted.

I still believe the stage 2 results are incorrect. I don't believe that SVM (30-39) were 5km/hr (44 vs 39 km/hr) or 10 minutes quicker than VM over a 66km course. I also doubt that ELM finished in those times.

Personally I think the timekeeping for this event was farsical. What a pity for the race organisers and cyclists alike.

I still believe the stage 2 results are incorrect. I don't believe that SVM (30-39) were 5km/hr (44 vs 39 km/hr) or 10 minutes quicker than VM over a 66km course. I also doubt that ELM finished in those times.

Personally I think the timekeeping for this event was farsical. What a pity for the race organisers and cyclists alike.

Agree with your thoughts. Also a number of errors on St 3.

• 10 months later...

Not sure if there is a thread for this years race but if not we might as well just use this one(did a search and this was all that came up).

Who's in?

I'm on the tandem for this one.

I'm in , looking forward to this one , Just hope They don't change the route again like last Year , Stage 3 was a killer last Year , I went to hard on the flat stage 2 and paid the price on the final stage , Looking forward to the lekke soup They serve after stage 1 .   

I'm in , looking forward to this one , Just hope They don't change the route again like last Year , Stage 3 was a killer last Year , I went to hard on the flat stage 2 and paid the price on the final stage , Looking forward to the lekke soup They serve after stage 1 .   

The road works that were a problem last year are out the way, so its back the old route around the western end of the mountain . This old man has entered the 70km event as I only get 3 or 4  1 hour rides in a week here in Twangiza, so there is no fitness for anything else .

I'm in. I believe the route is back to the old way, pity because I loved the three stage format.

I enter for the soup!

Agreed, that soup is lekker.

I hope its not as cold this year, Last year I believe some of the later groups recorded negative temps on the start line, I was in tandems and we had about 4/5 deg C. I will be taking some of my thermal stuff with just in case as I flipping froze on stage 1 last year.