Cheapish Bibs

scuzzy

Not to start a debate on what the best bibs are, but what bibs are there that is more affordable, I know the usual suspects Assos, Vermarc, Craft, Castelli, with Assos obviously leading the pack, I prefer Castelli.

In my effort not to wash bibs twice a week, is there anything else for a 1:30 ride in the week, that is cheaper than those leaders?

I see Craft has more affordable bibs, so does First Ascent and the cheaper Cape Storms as well.

Could anyone advocate on something like this, or do I just go out and spend double the amount on another pair of Castelli's?

You can also try Anatomic, although I use mine 3-4 times a week and I see the last set (bought in Aug, were R499) is starting to loose the 'lycra' stuff so its getting a bit sheer in places! The same thing happened with the Cape Storm shorts as well.

http://www.thehubsa....bib-shorts-new/

Read the review from road.cc (the link is in the ad)

If we have your size left then you'll find it hard to beat these.

Problem is, L is probably the most popular men's size bib, of which you have none except in the black with white strips. If you had the plain black or black and red, I'd have bought a few pairs and a couple of tops.

Problem is, L is probably the most popular men's size bib, of which you have none except in the black with white strips. If you had the plain black or black and red, I'd have bought a few pairs and a couple of tops.

Ahh, that's because we sold them all :thumbup: :clap:

Unfortunately the Randella is going to affect the price next time we bring them in, along with everyone else who imports clothing or materials.

Guest Hollow Man

I bought some cheap Nalini's from Naas at Evobikes and they have proven to be real comfortable.

I did the same. The Nalini bib is comfortable enough for my normal 1 - 2.5 hour rides, couple of times per week. It has also endured being washed a couple times per week for more than a year, so I am happy with it. There may be better ones out there, but I haven't felt the need to get one of them yet. It was also a pleasure dealing with Naas, so I will probably go back there again when my current bib is finally hanging in tatters around my knees, begging to be replaced.

www.enjoyfitness.co.za. You order online. Very reasonable prices. The quality is good . You will do entire races and long rides on them.

Got myself a midrange pair at way under a thousand rand a year ago and they're still in good condition.

www.enjoyfitness.co.za. You order online. Very reasonable prices. The quality is good . You will do entire races and long rides on them.

Got myself a midrange pair at way under a thousand rand a year ago and they're still in good condition.

Blokman, I saw those, one of the ones I am considering. How is their sizing?

Beesrip, where do you buy that?

Hi,

Not online, but from a bike shop in George during my holidays.

Sorry, don't have contact details.