Campagnolo spoken here.

Cippo

That rear derailleur is an abomination of note... no class, style or elegance in the design of that thing. It is really out there.

I even had to hold back the gag reflex there...

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they are stepping into the new "gravel market" like eagle did on mtb and all that stuff

campy like to set trends

sometimes they arent so hot at it though :whistling: 

She's finally in Cape Town.  

Thanx bike builder extraodinaire Even B. 

54mm Battaglin frame

Campy Super Record Groupset (complete)

Campy Shamal wheels with 25mm tyres.

Selle Italia saddle.

She is super smooth and climbs like a dream.

Complete with bottle cages, Garmin and pedals (waiting for lighter pedals) she pips the scale at 8.5kg.

post-53410-0-84436500-1523273171_thumb.jpg

Edited by B20

That rear derailleur is an abomination of note... no class, style or elegance in the design of that thing. It is really out there.

I must agree. That rear derailleur is odd.

brand new and the brakes profile still drops lower than the fork arch reducing tire sizing options

i have last gen record and with 25mm tires they only just don't touch the front brake by a ball hair. i still often get things stuck there because of the lack of space.

this is not an issue with shimano or sram brakes on the same bike.

There will always be negatives to new tech. Some things we like, some we don't. A lot of people didn't like the current cranks and it eventually grew on most of us. The most important thing I want to see is if it will work properly. I was hoping rather to see a wireless groupset but who knows.

You probably using Shimano 105.

brand new and the brakes profile still drops lower than the fork arch reducing tire sizing options

i have last gen record and with 25mm tires they only just don't touch the front brake by a ball hair. i still often get things stuck there because of the lack of space.

this is not an issue with shimano or sram brakes on the same bike.

Campagnolo states that the new pivot geometry will handle tires up to 28c, although there may be enough wiggle room for a few extra millimeters.

You probably using Shimano 105.

No actually have multiple different bikes with a wide variety of groupsets so reign it in a tad.

Even compared to previous iterations of Campy rear derailleurs (which some are works of art) this new derailleur is really REALLY bad. In a world where design is very driven by aesthetics and aerodynamics this looks like a complete fail - so on the point of whether it works or not it already has 2 strikes.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I see some spy shots of the 12speed EPS are on instagram (GCNtech) 

Edited by JA-Q001