White male in Garfontein pushing cyclists into traffic!

Cois

Warning to all cyclists

This morning on my way to work (about 06H40) in Garsfontein (-25.792521,28.299638 - At the traffic circle when crossing the river) I wanted to pass a white male (about 6feet fat dung heap) giant of a man.

They guy had earphones in his ears. So I slowed to a crall as this thing was walking in the middle of the path. I asked him if I could pass. Nothing, plodding along with his fat dragging behind him. Asked a little louder. Nothing, trudding along at snails pace.

I spotted a chance to pass him where the path got a little wider over the stream. Guy stepps infront of me, where I scream at him. He then truns around, screams that he heard me, and shufs me off the sidewalk into traffic. I just managed to unclip, and scurried out of the way of a car (think the driver saw what was going to happen)

So guys if you see this bastart, take out your pump and be prepared to lash back at this guy. There is one path for us all to use. you do not need to be a fat bastard to use the whole path.

Edited by François Marais

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoh do not belong on the pavement if on a bicycle. Pavement belongs to the pedestrians, irrespective of body condition.

That said, it is not an excuse to push people into the traffic.

License plate number (of the perpetrator) would helps a lot!

Not giving you any ideas or anything like that, but odds are high that he "might" be spotted in the near-by shopping mall in the weekend...

Edited by The_black_stig

License plate number (of the perpetrator) would helps a lot!

Not giving you any ideas or anything like that, but odds are high that he "might" be spotted in the near-by shopping mall in the weekend...

The guy was a pedestrian, no number plate required

I spotted a chance to pass him where the path got a little wider over the stream. Guy stepps infront of me,

Yoh do not belong on the pavement if on a bicycle. Pavement belongs to the pedestrians, irrespective of body condition.

That said, it is not an excuse to push people into the traffic.

It is a cycling path

It is a cycling path

properly demarcated with signs?

It was next to the tar road?

Co-ords indicate junction of Jacqueline & Adela

Similar thing happened to us on Spruit ride the other day (no cars or road though). Was a night ride, came up to a group of pedestrians (5 or 6 guys) walking along the path. They were walking in single file and as we approached they moved out of the way except the last dude who pretended to trip and fell over on purpose with his leg on the path pretending to be in pain. I was prepared so was able to move out onto the grass but the situation could have ended badly.

Warning to all cyclists

This morning on my way to work (about 06H40) in Garsfontein (-25.792521,28.299638 - At the traffic circle when crossing the river) I wanted to pass a white male (about 6feet fat dung heap) giant of a man.

They guy had earphones in his ears. So I slowed to a crall as this thing was walking in the middle of the path. I asked him if I could pass. Nothing, plodding along with his fat dragging behind him. Asked a little louder. Nothing, trudding along at snails pace.

I spotted a chance to pass him where the path got a little wider over the stream. Guy stepps infront of me, where I scream at him. He then truns around, screams that he heard me, and shufs me off the sidewalk into traffic. I just managed to unclip, and scurried out of the way of a car (think the driver saw what was going to happen)

So guys if you see this bastart, take out your pump and be prepared to lash back at this guy. There is one path for us all to use. you do not need to be a fat bastard to use the whole path.

If the co-ords are correct, I'd like to know where the cycyling path is?

post-28936-1392704024,5989.jpgpost-28936-1392704044,0016.jpg

Similar thing happened to us on Spruit ride the other day (no cars or road though). Was a night ride, came up to a group of pedestrians (5 or 6 guys) walking along the path. They were walking in single file and as we approached they moved out of the way except the last dude who pretended to trip and fell over on purpose with his leg on the path pretending to be in pain. I was prepared so was able to move out onto the grass but the situation could have ended badly.

Should have hopped over him!

Rule of thumb and common sense id that bigger vehicles yield to smallers. Cars for bikes and bikes for pedestrians.

Else? Tjop!

If the co-ords are correct, I'd like to know where the cycyling path is?

post-28936-1392704024,5989.jpgpost-28936-1392704044,0016.jpg

That image from 09 ,.. maybe its there now in 14 .. GE only up to date if you buy the package .

HTF are people giving the OP flack about where he was riding. He was not the one endangering people's lives. Wake up! There is a bigger picture here.

If people stop being so self righteous and start being considerate and compassionate, the world would be a better place. FFS