Person Advice please guys

ScottCM

Hey all

So after an accident which left my elbow broken and damaged my wrist too i need some advice. My Doctor says it could take up to 3 months for me to be able to ride my Hardtail again. He does however say that i am able to use an indoor trainer to keep my fitness levels up. As i dont have any other bike besides my HD nor do i have an indoor trainer this leaves me with a problem. I rode a road race on my Mtb a month ago and now i have this itch for road riding. so here is my conundrum,

1) should i try sell my 2014 Mtb and buy a 2nd hand Road bike?

2) should i just buy a 2nd hand indoor trainer and ruin my brand new snakeskin tyre and hope not to fall over with only one hand able to support my body?

3) should i buy a 2nd hand Trojan exercise bike?

4) Use this time and shop around for specials and build up a road bike and keep my HD cause honestly i dont want to loose my MTB?

What would you guys do with very little funds available?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all

So after an accident which left my elbow broken and damaged my wrist too i need some advice. My Doctor says it could take up to 3 months for me to be able to ride my Hardtail again. He does however say that i am able to use an indoor trainer to keep my fitness levels up. As i dont have any other bike besides my HD nor do i have an indoor trainer this leaves me with a problem. I rode a road race on my Mtb a month ago and now i have this itch for road riding. so here is my conundrum,

1) should i try sell my 2014 Mtb and buy a 2nd hand Road bike?

2) should i just buy a 2nd hand indoor trainer and ruin my brand new snakeskin tyre and hope not to fall over with only one hand able to support my body?

3) should i buy a 2nd hand Trojan exercise bike?

4) Use this time and shop around for specials and build up a road bike and keep my HD cause honestly i dont want to loose my MTB?

Second hand trainer and slick/trainer tyre.

Well I don't think selling it is really an option. Didn't a lot of effort go into getting the bike for you and now you going to sell and get a whole lot less money for it.

Well I don't think selling it is really an option. Didn't a lot of effort go into getting the bike for you and now you going to sell and get a whole lot less money for it.

Was thinking the same thing

That is absolutely correct and exactly why i stated in point #4 that i dont really wana sell it, I Love my Momsen and cant imagine not being able to ride her on the trails ever again.

That is absolutely correct and exactly why i stated in point #4 that i dont really wana sell it, I Love my Momsen and cant imagine not being able to ride her on the trails ever again.

Well then selling it is not an option

buy a trainer and a spare wheel with a trainer tyre on it.

But you don't need a spare wheel, just get a slick tyre and stick it on your existing wheel. (I read the part about the limited funds)

Hey all

Look for a cheap 2nd hand A frame type IDT or spinning bike on the hub, use it to keep fit.

They are quite stable so you wont need to worry about falling off.

Well then selling it is not an option

100% correct, I think I am just being STUPID cause i haven't been able to ride for 2 weeks now and might have up to another 10 weeks to go. Need to find something to do with my time.

100% correct, I think I am just being STUPID cause i haven't been able to ride for 2 weeks now and might have up to another 10 weeks to go. Need to find something to do with my time.

Use the bike on the road/trainer/spruit until you can return to the trails

Hey all

Buy a straight jacket...

On a serious note, I will loan you my Schwinn Spinning Bike for the next 10 weeks. PM me and we can make a plan to meet up - I am though away for work until Thursday.

PS: Don't ever talk of selling the Mtb again - capish ;)

If you have the space go for a secondhand spinning bike. They are not expensive if you look at older basic ones. In front of the TV 9pm to 10 :ph34r: 11pm at night it might even give you one hell of a base fitness once you get back to the "real" world.