History of the Hub

Witkop

An epic thread from a few years ago, was the " Does the hub hang from the top spokes, or stand on the bottom spokes" . Bliksem, it did not matter how fast I tried to read, I remained 3 pages from the last page, and gave up.

Another epic thread was the Epic thread where the discussion was your bond vs the Epic. That was a cat fight of note.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An epic thread from a few years ago, was the " Does the hub hang from the top spokes, or stand on the bottom spokes" . Bliksem, it did not matter how fast I tried to read, I remained 3 pages from the last page, and gave up.

Another epic thread was the Epic thread where the discussion was your bond vs the Epic. That was a cat fight of note.

Ja, and the rotational mass one too…

The first promotion was in the form of windscreen flyers at various Cape league & fun rides. A trickle feed of visitors began visiting and posting, but it was really only when Super Cycling restricted and subsequently shut down their own message board that we started to get some traction.

Their shutdown was actually lucky timing and pure coincidence, but certainly gave The Hub its kickstart into online existence.

Aah, the bad old days. I remember that.

Before the Hub existed, I joined a small South African forum: www.cyclingforums.com. There weren't that many of us there and it wasn't particularly active but it was fun. Any survivors here? I think we were a group who didn't like the format and lack of comeraderie of the Supercycling chat. But it didn't grow as it wasn't really marketed at all... and then The Hub took over - the rest is history.

I joined The Hub a few months after its creation but lost my login somewhere along the line. Can't even remember my username. Had a couple of years sabatical before re-registering.

Remember when it was really dangerous to long on in the mornings? Chilli, zoo cookie and chilli were waiting for the boys to show up so they could "frow dem wif rocks…"

Remember when it was really dangerous to long on in the mornings? Chilli, zoo cookie and chilli were waiting for the boys to show up so they could "frow dem wif rocks…"

Wasn't there also a Stawberry someone?

That's not cricket!!

Apart from the Lance thing.....? :whistling:

Ha yeah, there have been a few of those over the years. Earliest was a guy called Irish going to battle with the LA fans/disciples, when he disappeared then Colonel took over.

Wasn't there also a Stawberry someone?

Strawberry mama, i think she was the sister of Samajoor.

Ha yeah, there have been a few of those over the years. Earliest was a guy called Irish going to battle with the LA fans/disciples, when he disappeared then Colonel took over.

Scotty if you were to beam down the top3 LA disciples....who would they be?

Jip there I am at number nine. After the crash I had to reset as paddaman, konfan and now witkop. Each time I either lost my profile or forgot my login thereby effectively locking me out. I wonder if admin could consolidate these accounts into one?

I can consolidate them. Send me an email on matt [at] thehubsa.co.za with the names and the associated email addresses (if possible).

Scotty if you were to beam down the top3 LA disciples....who would they be?

Not sure of top 3 but there was a guy called LA Fan who i think would be number 1.

A nice feel good thread, thanks Admin

edit: Thanks to Witkop for starting this thread

Edited by Raab