History of the Hub

Witkop

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aah, the bad old days. I remember that.

Before the Hub existed, I joined a small South African forum: www.cyclingforums.com. There weren't that many of us there and it wasn't particularly active but it was fun. Any survivors here? I think we were a group who didn't like the format and lack of comeraderie of the Supercycling chat. But it didn't grow as it wasn't really marketed at all... and then The Hub took over - the rest is history.

I joined The Hub a few months after its creation but lost my login somewhere along the line. Can't even remember my username. Had a couple of years sabatical before re-registering.

I remember that - there was a dude with a gazillion posts caled VO2MAX - remember him?

Very knowledgeable.

Learned a lot on that forum. Was a lot more civil than the interactions these days...

Ha yeah, there have been a few of those over the years. Earliest was a guy called Irish going to battle with the LA fans/disciples, when he disappeared then Colonel took over.

Irishj9 - still registered as a member

Ha yeah, there have been a few of those over the years. Earliest was a guy called Irish going to battle with the LA fans/disciples, when he disappeared then Colonel took over.

And the Swiss fellow!

Scotty and I out lasted them.... ..the LA haters fan club top brass Colonel and Irishj9

Ok so they won the war....that's just a minor technicality

Hey, Tumbleweed - a bit off topic: Neil Young and Crazy Horse rock!

Indeed! I recently got given the "Live at the Cellar Door" re-release to review. Awesome album!

I remember that - there was a dude with a gazillion posts caled VO2MAX - remember him?

Very knowledgeable.

Learned a lot on that forum. Was a lot more civil than the interactions these days...

Haha. Yeah, I remember him. I was quite active when it was still relatively small. I used to dish out a lot of advice which just got lapped up. I hope some of it was good. :D

You have to remember that back then there was no:

Road vs MTB

Therefore no 26" vs 29" vs 27.5"

:lol:

I am also a survivor of the Spinman group from a while back - I know there are also a couple of fellow survivors here on the Hub. :)

Spinman! Now that's a name I have not heard in many a year!

Scotty if you were to beam down the top3 LA disciples....who would they be?

Goya-Goya :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: