Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

And now all the cycling hating bigots will magically turn into police hating bigots online.

There will be those that want the police person to be fired, arrested, charged with assualt and at least banned from the next three argus's.

There will be those that argue that there must have been something that led up to this event that provoked the police actions.

There will be those that run around on facebook and twitter finding the quilty party and quoting status's of theirs from the past few years which, when read now are very ironic.

There will be those that say they see nothing wrong with the video and that the police are under a lot of pressure and that they are attacked regularly.

Same thread, different video, different heading.

Yes. And it provides us with a convenient analogy to filter previously expressed views through.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. And it provides us with a convenient analogy to filter previously expressed views through.

Personally, I reckon once they've got the cuffs on the oke, there shouldn't be any of that bar an arm-bar to "convince" him to come along...

This is also the reason that many people are losing faith. But it's a fine line. Certainly the undressing and subsequent beating was not on at all... Disciplinaries indeed.

Change the heading...this definitely happened in Sea Point and not Camps Bay, as stated.

Makes me wonder what else is incorrectly reported in the opening post.

Change the heading...this definitely happened in Sea Point and not Camps Bay, as stated.

Makes me wonder if any1 on here actually reads anything before brain farting....

its an add on to the OP bro.....

The incident that took place on Sunday has really increased an already tense situation between cyclist and motorist.

Me and my Boys went for a cycle late yesterday aftern in and around the Rondebosch area. Almost every motorist and passing pedestrians look at us as if we "mobs". We could even sense some fear in their eyes (lol)...as if, "Hey stay away from those cyclist before we get a beating"

Seriously?

That's weak mate, really weak.

Have you ever dealt with a Tikkop?

From this I gather that the video above is actually from a police training session showing the accepted norms and best practice version on how best to restrain a druggie?

Just asking.

Definitely a lot wrong with what's happening in that video, but seeing that it's Friday and GrootHendrik isn't here, I thought I'd just ask a simple question ... LOL.

LOL. And the lack of terse, off the cuff response got you feeling a bit underwhelmed>?

Apparently, this guy was minding his own business doing pre- Argus training & kadoem the cops grabbed him, stripped him down to check for mace, but only found a little mouse.

And now all the cycling hating bigots will magically turn into police hating bigots online.

There will be those that want the police person to be fired, arrested, charged with assualt and at least banned from the next three argus's.

There will be those that argue that there must have been something that led up to this event that provoked the police actions.

There will be those that run around on facebook and twitter finding the quilty party and quoting status's of theirs from the past few years which, when read now are very ironic.

There will be those that say they see nothing wrong with the video and that the police are under a lot of pressure and that they are attacked regularly.

Same thread, different video, different heading.

Not really.. there's no convenient coloured gangster stereotype to lash onto. Even though this video shows something much more serious happening... it's happening to a clearly dark brown/black man and the people attacking him are "higher up" in colour/race. Ain't gonna be no outrage.

photo.jpg

567 CapeTalk

2 hours ago

A video posted yesterday of an arrest in Cape Town. IPID (Independent Police Investigative Directorate) are investigating as the police appear to use unjustified force.

The police officer seen at the end of the video attempted to arrest the person filming it before arresting another man that was in the same office for interferring. The charge was later dropped.

·

6cleardot.gif