Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

What would you do???

I would pull out my camera phone make a video of what the van and its occupents are doing? then I would procede to get pictures of all in the van. Head to the nearest police station and lay a charge of assault for the very least, maybe even road rage and negligent driving

Bloody smart phones with cameras.... ja sure its great but I wonder how many law suits / fights / wars they result in?

What would have the folks pre smart phone days have done?

One thing for sure it would not have gone viral....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a comment on their facebook page status, not a status of MCC.....Their status at the time was highlighting an incident that took place that morning on Smutswinkel....

Would the comment have stayed there if the poster hadn't kicked off this general mess, PR storm, dogs breakfast for the club and then found himself arrested?

I would like to believe the club on the whole is a good club with admirable aims but the fact that a member feels safe to brag openly on their FB page about assaulting somebody gives me reason to wonder.

Hey guys, a little less of this:

http://www.editinternational.com/images/gallery/06-handbag_low.jpg

And a little more of this:

http://1funny.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/polar-bear-hugging-dog.jpg

makes thehub a happy place

LOL THAT BEAR IS ABOUT TO USE THE WOLF AS A TOOTH PICK

so thats exactly whats happening here

No man, they are friends - can't you see?

We have no reason to believe they are not law abiding citizens.

Point being there's no need to mention it at all unless it's definitive one way or the other. It's just people's way of slyly loading their arguments.

If they weren't then surely they would have all kinds of pending law cases against them as do most criminals in our country? If they weren't, then surely they would've been attacking motorist wherever they went? And in cape town, some motorist can be quite confrontational, a lot more confrontational than a guy who simply double parked his car?

................ I wonder however, if the youngsters in the back were in fact throwing ice sachets or water sachets at the cyclists, what if it smacked one of the riders in the face, causing them to loose their balance, cause them to crash and they died (we all know how quickly a crash can turn deadly), does this mean the youngsters can be charged with attempted murder?

The thing is ........you are just making stuff up.

That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Cyclists biggest problem (apart from attitude) is they got caught.

Errrrr Nope, more horse-sh1te you're selling I wont buy. I am not an apologist and don't think anyone else here is trying to be either. Also not attempting to justify the over reaction seen in the clip and will state that ONCE AGAIN! If your choice is to see this whole incident being what was filmed on a passerby's cellphone as the entirity, that is your choice. I can respect that even if I don't understand it. Can you do the same?

In plain english. A 19 year old contract driver and his van full of buddies could have done so much more than is being let on, to have a whole group of cyclists respond this way. Lets hear what that is too. That is all. Over and out.

I am not selling anything.

In plainer English:

What the cyclists did in the clip was wrong (my first point). They have been criminally charged.

What happened prior to the video clip will emerge fully at the trial - this is the appropriate time to consider all the issues. (my second point)

Speculation is useless and divisive (my third point).

I don't recall making any comment that would logically lead to your statement: "if your choice is to see this whole incident being what was filmed on a passer-by's cellphone as the entirity (sic)....".

I fail to understand how you can argue this when by your own admission your ramblings are pure speculation.

I am not selling anything.

In plainer English:

What the cyclists did in the clip was wrong (my first point). They have been criminally charged.

What happened prior to the video clip will emerge fully at the trial - this is the appropriate time to consider all the issues. (my second point)

Speculation is useless and divisive (my third point).

I don't recall making any comment that would logically lead to your statement: "if your choice is to see this whole incident being what was filmed on a passer-by's cellphone as the entirity (sic)....".

I fail to understand how you can argue this when by your own admission your ramblings are pure speculation.

yes barry roux :whistling: :whistling:

The thing is ........you are just making stuff up.

That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Cyclists biggest problem (apart from attitude) is they got caught.

My question was can they be charged with 'attempted' murder, because tossing the cyclists with sachets could possibly have lead to one of the cyclist(s) dying. And who's to say they can't prove that the cyclists were pelted? there could be CCTV?

My question was can they be charged with 'attempted' murder, because tossing the cyclists with sachets could possibly have lead to one of the cyclist(s) dying. And who's to say they can't prove that the cyclists were pelted? there could be CCTV?

Again - did this actually happen, or is it another line of speculation? And no - throwing a sachet at a rider cannot be considered attempted murder. Otherwise thousands of Argus supporters would be in tjoekie every year.

At most it would be an assault charge.

But again - that is purely hypothetical. The evidence at hand is formed by:

- Eyewitness Statement

- Driver Statement

- Video Evidence

To date, no rider that was in the pack has come forward with a statement of events.

All I know is, somebody should warn the guy hosing the Argus riders on Suikerbossie every year. Considering the last week's events, he is about to get the beating of a lifetime this Sunday :ph34r:

Edited by kjind