Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

The decision has been taken and its probably final and binding.

But I want to look at the financial aspect, who paid the "fine"? If the club paid then I have a bit of a problem, as I understand it they are a development club who is funded in part by the PPA, i.e. a lot of us as PPA members therefore may in fact have footed the bill.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The decision has been taken and its probably final and binding.

But I want to look at the financial aspect, who paid the "fine"? If the club paid then I have a bit of a problem, as I understand it they are a development club who is funded in part by the PPA, i.e. a lot of us as PPA members therefore may in fact have footed the bill.

Even if they didn't pay it directly, I don't want to pay money towards a violent club that puts our sport in bad light... so we have a say regardless.

If they are subsidized by PPS then there is even all the more reason they should publically apologize.

Wtf

:-)

Sorry.

To follow 'Dale's example.

And to be nice.

Better? :mellow:

Edited by Blackbeard

HEY NO ONE WANTS TO BE THE NICE GUY,,,

ITS WORSE THAN BEING CALLED CUTE

OR FRIEND

especially not a roadie

That's a really nice post my cute friend.

Just yanking your derailleur.

All good!

Yeah, I know. Was going for a bit of a lag with the nice bit.

Edited by Blackbeard

To answer this and TK-Spez, I think a petition to force/persuade the club to make a formal apology and to push them to get media coverage of said apology will be a good start. To execute said plan, I believe a Hub run petition could be the answer, this will also showcase the Hubs stance in this matter. They also have the infrastructure to ensure the petition get the exposure it needs.

The forgive and forget idea is a fantastic ideology, but not always very effective, unfortunately.

Good cyclist pushing hooligan cyclists to apologize and act responsibly will go a long way in changing the motorist perceptions, but only if they actually get to see us doing it or the results of doing it.

Ok, you start the petition and we'll sign it.

• 2 weeks later...

bump to top. Everyone had a lot to say about this. Now we are sliding it under the carpet ? :eek:

bump to top. Everyone had a lot to say about this. Now we are sliding it under the carpet ? :eek:

SA law has gone its path

jump on a plane and go make a noise, LEAD BY EXAMPLE,,,,SHOW US

Ok, you start the petition and we'll sign it.

As I said: I believe a Hub run petition could be the answer, this will also showcase the Hubs stance in this matter. They also have the infrastructure to ensure the petition get the exposure it needs.

Admin will need to do that..... I will promote and post it where I can. Will get a few of my reporter mates to tweet it if they are willing.

when did theHub become the centre of the cycling universe....?

I think that in SA the Hub is probably the most visited site when it comes to Cycling ranting?