Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge 2014

GaryvdM

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I maxed at 89...  cross fingers, Submitting insurance claim(cyclesure LOL). I guess i went down hard to snap an STI  :cursing:

Could one not use Strava Labs to determine who used these "short cut" that have been mentioned?

Strava says I rode 93.9km, and it says Marianne Vos rode 93.3, she must have taken a shortcut somewhere...:P

Strava says I rode 93.9km, and it says Marianne Vos rode 93.3, she must have taken a shortcut somewhere... :P

Flag her ride!!! :)

No what I mean is, create a segment for the short cut and then see who rode it on that date....

I see only 21614 entrants finished the race, which is a very high rate of attrition if 33000 people entered. Wonder how many were DNF's and how many were DNS's. The sweep vehicles must have been full!

According to CyclingSA's website, "During 2014, 25492 members registered with Cycling SA". This would be a country-wide figure, and I'm sure a large portion of out-of-towners weren't riding the 947.

That means a lot of day licences issued - and probably a lot of these day licencees don't own a chip. So yes, it would be difficult to quantify the attrition rate.

BTW - According to Racetec, I linked my current chip in 2004 (when entering for the race that year). I do remember my first 947 that I had to give the timing chip back after crossing the line - even though the results prior to 2004 show up in my profile.

Yes, use the fly by and look for people with a low "s".

Found a couple of people riding parts of the route without starting at the start and finishing at the finish:

http://www.strava.com/activities/219772671

http://www.strava.com/activities/219857368

No cheats on my flyby though.

Like the runners on the M1 - making use of the opportunity to use the road closure.

Is it right? No.

Does it bother me? No

Like the runners on the M1 - making use of the opportunity to use the road closure.

Is it right? No.

Does it bother me? No

Or the group of Mtb riders with no numbers riding on that raised highway section in Jhb taking up a lot of road when A batch caught them.

Or the group of Mtb riders with no numbers riding on that raised highway section in Jhb taking up a lot of road when A batch caught them.

They seemed like a friendly bunch [emoji16]

C batch found a similar batch of MTB's. 2 serious belters. Pity they were ambling at 15 kph

:drool:

Someone in A had a friendly chirp "it's called the Spruit" where they replied something along the lines of " it's called doing some work at the front"

Someone in A had a friendly chirp "it's called the Spruit" where they replied something along the lines of " it's called doing some work at the front"

Ha ha...

Someone next to me obviously knew them and had a long chat.

Archived