Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge 2014

GaryvdM

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today, 10 years ago... my third Cycle Challenge.

Almost half the average speed then compared to now

#FlashBackFriday

No one forgets the first one (lol), I beat you by 10 mins (5h31) , riding with tekkies on a farmgate with a supersoft front shock... couldnt walk for 2 days ... happy times indeed ;)

any way I can get a copy of the file to work on my taxc?

Are you asking for the file, or for help importing it? I can help with both.

No one forgets the first one (lol), I beat you by 10 mins (5h31) , riding with tekkies on a farmgate with a supersoft front shock... couldnt walk for 2 days ... happy times indeed ;)

I remember this one well because it was the week before I got married. The wife was paranoid about me falling and looking terrible at the wedding. So I told her I'd take it easy, which was far from the truth.

Mind you, 10 years later she is still paranoid about getting that call to meet at a hospital.

I remember this one well because it was the week before I got married. The wife was paranoid about me falling and looking terrible at the wedding. So I told her I'd take it easy, which was far from the truth.

Mind you, 10 years later she is still paranoid about getting that call to meet at a hospital.

shoo.. brave before your wedding . My wife uses my active tracking when i cycle, she freaks out when the dot stops moving

1 week before my daughters wedding I had a big fall at the pre opening hub ride at the Cyclelab bike park place. Ripped my bottom lip off my gum amongst other facial grazes... had to be operated on to have it repaired.

I still remember the look on her face when she came to visit me, can you combine concern with anger at the same time?

Oi Bennie that blood soaked wig was woes!

I still have those pics .... won't post them could be traumatic for the noobies :(

I dusted of my results downloading script. It seems the new course is about 10min slower.

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2014-11-22 22:25:02.png

Gary, v interesting. what do the % values in the 1st column denote.?

Why do you think their is a such a big variance between the 2012 and 2013 differentials - considering they were the same route ?

Gary, v interesting. what do the % values in the 1st column denote.?

Percentile. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percentile :

A percentile (or a centile) is a measure used in statistics indicating the value below which a given percentage of observations in a group of observations fall. For example, the 20th percentile is the value (or score) below which 20 percent of the observations may be found.

Why do you think their is a such a big variance between the 2012 and 2013 differentials - considering they were the same route ?

No idea. Sorry.

Percentile. From http://en.wikipedw/Perceýntile :

No idea. Sorry.

The heat, if memory serves.

Thr front guys (up to 25th percentile) were faster in 2013 (to be expected), only after that did they slow down.

This is interesting, but one cannot link performance to simply 1 factor (new route), when there are so many variables that will affect average performance

Percentile. From http://en.wikipedw/Perceýntile :

No idea. Sorry.

The heat, if memory serves.

Thr front guys (up to 25th percentile) were faster in 2013 (to be expected), only after that did they slow down.

This is interesting, but one cannot link performance to simply 1 factor (new route), when there are so many variables that will affect average performance

Archived