Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge 2014

GaryvdM

Well if you are all parking at fourways and cycling to the start, should be a breeze parking at the venue as there will be no one there!!  :whistling:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if you are all parking at fourways and cycling to the start, should be a breeze parking at the venue as there will be no one there!!  :whistling:

Hopefully. The less cars that 'have' to park at the venue the better for everyone. 

Thanks for the heads up. I have a feeling parking is going to be a slight issue........... Only problem is we might all end up parking at fourways.

I have that same feeling.

Parking at Broadacres, cycling to Fourways and then back to the start on William Nicol is a bit far. I was considering cycling from home (Broadacres) through Steyn city to start and then back after the race. i have a nasty feeling the "burly guards" at the new entrance will not let anyone through on the actual race route until the first bunch of lead elites get there. Much has been said about them not letting anyone in before the race. Not keen on disappointment and delays on race day....

To the guys going through to Riversands this weekend - is the bridge up to link Riversands to Mnandi Rd (Pooks Hill)? If you parking at the designated parking areas, I would put Mtb pedals on, and forfeit the benefit of road shoes. A few years back, my cleats and shoes took a battering at Waterfall.

Think I will wait for feedback from the guys doing the MTB race this weekend before I refine where will be parking

Think I am going to park at The Grand.

Just dont know how full the parking area is so early on a Sunday morning

Any Hubbers that know? :whistling:

Hi,

Any one have an entry they'd like to give up please phone Mordie Kruger on (082) 9044020.

Regards,

M

The music is really killer too  :thumbup:

MixFM: Now Playing - Temple of Love (Sisters of Mercy)

Which other radio station plays this kind of music? Awesome

Now Playing - Temple of Love (Sisters of Mercy)

Which other radio station plays this kind of music? Awesome

B93 B97 KNWB Hilo.  Live streaming.

Now playing "Good times, Bad Times" by Led Zeppelin

For those last few Km's, here the aerial view inside Steyn City - and where the boss' house/palace is in relation to the route.

Cross the river at the bottom left, with the red arrow at the high point, before descending to William Nicol and UP to the finish.

post-1372-0-55296700-1415353131_thumb.png

B93 B97 KNWB Hilo.  Live streaming.

Now playing "Good times, Bad Times" by Led Zeppelin

Was a rhetorical question - aimed at the local commercial stations that play the same songs everyday all day - so much to pick from, why repeat a song more than [insert you own period here]?

Can someone tell me when coming down William Nichol to the start, is it possible to turn around on that road and head away from the start back to Monte.

My fiancée is dropping me off as close to the start as possible so im thinking if she takes me down that road to a point and then I climb out and pedal the rest of the way and she can turn around and go back home?

Can someone tell me when coming down William Nichol to the start, is it possible to turn around on that road and head away from the start back to Monte.

My fiancée is dropping me off as close to the start as possible so im thinking if she takes me down that road to a point and then I climb out and pedal the rest of the way and she can turn around and go back home?

It should definitely be possible.

Archived