(Update) Absa Cape Epic: Evans and Knox penalised for unfair advantage

News bot

Guest Smimby

That is what she was insinuating

I also saw Adriane dropping a wrapper on TV nogal.....

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oe ee ee. I can see it coming.. come last day and spez team still 2nd, they will fource 1st team to pass them illigally, instant 1 hour penalty, spez claim victory.

Well thats just another option for the spez team if they need it :whistling:

Guest Smimby

Rocky's wife?

Arg.....spelling.....spelling..... :-( my Bad and I can not even Blame the autocorrect

Ariane

Oe ee ee. I can see it coming.. come last day and spez team still 2nd, they will fource 1st team to pass them illigally, instant 1 hour penalty, spez claim victory.

Well thats just another option for the spez team if they need it :whistling:

All this animosity towards the team that didn't report themselves for a minor infringement... (and didn't report Evan/Knox either)

Hope you do a citizens arrest of the next person you see jay-walking :D

Ag the Epic may just lose its status of toughest stage race ... I just looked at the swiss-epics website... woooh average of 3000m climbing per day.. in a couple of yrs time more pros will op to do that intead.

Ping ping ping....oompie

Our bet still on?

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Of course we are still on.....dink jy ek is bang???

Good to see you're a roadie, you can stop shortcutting now. Seems to be regular occurrence at MTB events.

Of course we are still on.....dink jy ek is bang???

Good to see you're a roadie, you can stop shortcutting now. Seems to be regular occurrence at MTB events.

Mooi....medium rare rump with fat and veggies...hold the chips. njom njom njom....

Yip....just need to start shaving legs, then its full circle

a lot of people have been saying this...and it dont understand it...this is a not a situation where the 40k route shares a track with the 20k race...ALL the funriders are BEHIND them....if KE is behind someone then HE is the slower rider....so if he took a shortcut to overtake a pro that is in front of him then yes...that is cheating...if the pro in front of him was stopped for a technical or something then no..its not

I couldn't agree more. there are a number of reasons the riders in front of you might be slower. I mean like in all cycling there are riders that are stronger climbers or sprinters etc. This gets especially grey when a bunch of pros goes into single track together. I guess well have to see the footage to judge kev.

BTW can anyone tell me who instetuted the time penalty without consulting the Hub. I mean surely they dont have the authority or skill to instetute these kind of penalties.

Anyone have any idea how long it takes before the organisers issue a statement regarding the appeal?

Mooi....medium rare rump with fat and veggies...hold the chips. njom njom njom....

Yip....just need to start shaving legs, then its full circle

Lets just say the youngsters from Scott can hang on, hypothetically speaking. Will you be picking up the bill then seeing I picked them?

Lets just say the youngsters from Scott can hang on, hypothetically speaking. Will you be picking up the bill then seeing I picked them?

If you picked them last week, I would have oompie...but you didn't. you picked knox and evans. OversKadovers

If you picked them last week, I would have oompie...but you didn't. you picked knox and evans. OversKadovers

I picked them in the punters thread (youngsters to watch) BUT remember your pick must win the African competition and not just finish ahead of my pick. Else its each man paying for himself.

I also can't see why they will do this to just gain a bit of time. Surely the chances of him getting a puncture or hitting his derailleur on a rock (and losing much more time than he could possibly gain) does not make it worth it to take sort-cuts thus there must have been a reason for it.

I picked them in the punters thread (youngsters to watch) BUT remember your pick must win the African competition and not just finish ahead of my pick. Else its each man paying for himself.

Yep, that is how I understand our bet....2nd / 3rd means nada...win or nothing.

Rules are rules, 5 m today, tomorrow someone takes 50 m then 100 m. Race organisers need to be consistent and penalise an infringement. These boys are professional riders, they know the rules and sign up to ride accordingly. The sanction is normally set up before hand so the organisers are simply playing by the same rule book that the riders have bought into, if they didn't like it they don't have to ride. That's the black and white of it.

The other side, the side I have preferred to see is that the second place team sees the infringement, calls KE over and tells him he did wrong. KE explains it was a fun rider in the way or whatever, they shake hands and move on. Sporting like.

If, as may be the case (or not) KE overreacted, swore at the second place dude, then sorry for him, bad judgement from KE in which case if I was said second place dude I would lodge the complaint. As soon as there is a complaint the organisers need to act

You know, I leave the route by more than 5m all the time, but then again that's usually shortly after my speed exceeds my talent...