(Update) Absa Cape Epic: Evans and Knox penalised for unfair advantage

News bot

Yip there they have dropped the ball a bit...be consistent. Fedgroup however can't use songo's transgression to motivate theirs...2 wrongs don't make a right

No I know that.. but I saw a tweet the Beukes tweeted this morning.. about fairplay and bla-die-bla.. and was so tempted to ask him.. so then you so against cheating and cutting corners, why didn't you lodge a complaint against Songo on the Prologue day..

(But I know why.. Cause Beukes has no chance in GC, so it doesn't effect them directly.)

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know where people got the idea it was 5m or an uphill switchback... It was mentioned in this thread as speculation but nowhere have I read what the actual infringement was

Either way...1 sec or 10 minutes...does it matter?

I want to know where people got the idea it was 5m or an uphill switchback... It was mentioned in this thread as speculation but nowhere have I read what the actual infringement was

Evans tweeted about 5m.. but care to share what the actual infringement was..

Look if they cheated then they deserve the punishment, but it just sounded like a bunch of kids throwing toys around

No I know that.. but I saw a tweet the Beukes tweeted this morning.. about fairplay and bla-die-bla.. and was so tempted to ask him.. so then you so against cheating and cutting corners, why didn't you lodge a complaint against Songo on the Prologue day..

(But I know why.. Cause Beukes has no chance in GC, so it doesn't effect them directly.)

True...seems to be very reactive(riders must lodge a complaint) vs proactive(commissar spots it and enforces).

Guest Smimby

Easy...be in front of guy / team that are slow in tech section...the question should rather be, why is the slower guy in front of you at the section where they are holding you up.

In short - Racing

??? Punctures??? Etc. then you end up behind slower riders

Do you race MTB?

I think the organizers should ride those sections out and see how much time was really made up and penalize them from there.1 hour sounds a bit harsh,but what difference does it make what we say anyway.

??? Punctures??? Etc. then you end up behind slower riders

Do you race MTB?

So what....?????

Ah there is your problem....equipment choice(why did you get a puncture and the slower rider didn't) is as much part of racing as pedaling...If you are behind someone, you need to pass them legally...

No I am roadie

So what....?????

Ah there is your problem....equipment choice(why did you get a puncture and the slower rider didn't) is as much part of racing as pedaling...If you are behind someone, you need to pass them legally...

No I am roadie

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

True...seems to be very reactive(riders must lodge a complaint) vs proactive(commissar spots it and enforces).

Yeah.. and it was live.. so the whole world could see.. now you are telling me that the officials didn't notice is.. ag rubbish man.

It would be interesting to know how the "course" is defined and what the tolerances are. Or is it just subjective in that one "gained an unfair advantage" so penalties can essentially be applied at the discretion of the disciplinary section of the race committee. Sound like F1 (or the Dakar); everyone races and the details get sorted out later, sometimes in court.

Course cutting rears its ugly head in enduro's and offroad mbike racing now and again. I think they have width envelope along the course..

There's an idea; have waypoints like the Dakar. Go wherever you like but you must tick off the waypoints within a defined tolerance.

So what....?????

No I am roadie

Did you hear a Rooster crowing three times? Edited by TALUS

post-1604-0-20473800-1395985149_thumb.jpg

If this isnt intentionally done, on the prologue, then I don't know. And thisa was televised world wide for all to see. Yesterdays incidence was on gopro, just for the riders to see!!!