CAPE EPIC - 29er vs 27.5

Fabian46

So what are the opinions regarding the performance of the 29ers vs the 27.5's at the EPIC.

Many have said that the difference is minimal between the 26" and 27.5"...but the 27.5"'s are right up there.

Any care to give some "half" educated opinions?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its 99% rider...thats a fact!

But Look at Rabon making it happen on an MTB, total different set of machinery, but he translates his proffessionalism very well to that MTB.! I do however think that we've definitely moved on from the 26" for for these types of long distance races.

I know its 99% rider...thats a fact!

But Look at Rabon making it happen on an MTB, total different set of machinery, but he translates his proffessionalism very well to that MTB.! I do however think that we've definitely moved on from the 26" for for these types of long distance races.

I believe it's more like 99.99% rider.

Its the rider not the wheels..

tall people on 650b's/26rs dont work, similar to short people on 29r's.. find your match and you can excel. Its the rider at the end of the day.

If that were the case...we'd still have top guys on 26ers... :whistling:

There's a WC XCO woman racer who wins on a sixer dual or did last year. No doubt she won't have the option in '14 :-)

So to get back to the EPIC...Earlier stages saw the Schurter and Buys(on 27.5's) struggling slightly...but in the more technical Stage 4-5...they are excelling. How do we see them doing in the longer flatter stages?

So to get back to the EPIC...Earlier stages saw the Schurter and Buys(on 27.5's) struggling slightly...but in the more technical Stage 4-5...they are excelling. How do we see them doing in the longer flatter stages?

You don't think it may have something to do with the fact that they're both primarily XCO riders? Their wheel sizes are irrelevant.

Edited by Martin Hattingh

put a pro on any bike and he will get results.

(but pssst... 1 & 2 today were on 27.5)

I respect this reply because it's completely unbiased seeing as you don't ride a 27.5" yourself.

Oh, wait.........

I respect this reply because it's completely unbiased seeing as you don't ride a 27.5" yourself.

Oh, wait.........

Ha ha ha ha ja ja ja.. I tried to stop after the word results. . But yeah couldn't help myself.