Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

post-16512-0-88501700-1396810755_thumb.jpg

Dear Cycle Science, this is why it is not a good idea to sell fake bikes to unsuspecting customers. Think about it, it could cost someone their life. Not cool at all

What the hell dude? Story, tell, do please?

why did the Pina guy refer to the cosmetic top layer carbon weave when comparing the difference between a fake and an original......surely that has nothing to do with the quality of the carbon fibre......

Doesn't really solve anything as the real problem is the continuous supply of the "fake" frames and components. Pinarello can nail the shop for brand copyright infringement, put them out of business but there's probably 10 more shops out there doing the same thing. Making an example of one is a deterrent but the problem real problem lies with the endless supply of people who will knowingly buy a fake because its a cheap way to look a certain part.

Time is always right to do the right thing.

Most logical rational people do a bit of research when spending large amounts of money on a fiets

sure..like deciding to buy a Mercedes Benz..you look at the specs, the consumption the safety features etc.... then go to a dealer and they sell you a Bercedes Menz but tell you its a Mercedes Benz

ja, know one is knocking at the like's of dhgate.com's door asking questions......

why did the Pina guy refer to the cosmetic top layer carbon weave when comparing the difference between a fake and an original......surely that has nothing to do with the quality of the carbon fibre......

it has everything to do with the . carbon its a weaker weave

problem for Pina is that they would have to defend their copyright in many countries. Becomes expensive and they would have done this already.

They place a serial number on frames that meets their standards for the frame, they distribute those frames globally via distributors they appointed. They also make the market aware of the problems surrounding fakes. Thats a lot of work already. Going after a factoryin China is going to prove impossible. Just ask BMW GmbH.

What a *** place to find yourself in. I bet these boys never started their business intending to rip people off. Probably sitting wondering how they started on the slippery slope from cutting a few corners to completely losing their integrity and cashing in on the trust that was placed in them.

yup. while we're baying for their heads just spare a thought for the family who's bread and butter might be on the line or maybe even a kid out there tonight who just found out that the person who they look up to is nothing but a fraud... why can't people just be honest in the first place....?

what bike was Devi referring to that sells for R200k?

Also curious. But not the first time I've heard 200k for a road bike. I know that about 10 years ago you could get a custom Temple in midnight blue and gold leaf for about 150k. I expect it must be something similar.

My mate was offered a specialized SL4... I was with him... And I quote :"because I am such a good customer they did a once off special paint job on this original just for me.. It's too small for me. You can have it for R20K"

Guess what? Is fake to!!!

Thanks 'Dale for the update.

I believe ASG was patiently waiting for a admission. After tonight the emails will be send off to all big manufacturers requesting that these two okes be blacklisted.

I also believe that the jobs they applied for at the GAME cycling division will not plan out. :ph34r:

what selling fake Dunlops.........

Also curious. But not the first time I've heard 200k for a road bike. I know that about 10 years ago you could get a custom Temple in midnight blue and gold leaf for about 150k. I expect it must be something similar.

How much was Greg's replica world champs v10 selling for?.. Was something like 20k US