Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

Maybe it would be an idea to have it independently confirmed that it is indeed a fake and not grey market? ASG do have a vest interest. Just saying.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to see a response from the shop on this - very soon. Any future purchases from me will depend on it.

Oh, and the negative comments to the OP are pure douchebaggery.

i have mainly used this site to drool over some of the stuff in classifieds and never really bother reading any of the posts on the forum....how stupid was I :cursing: :blush: :oops:

"The Hub" where have you been all my life

Be careful what you post, there are Champions and Ultimates out there who will go for your jugular just because you are a Rookie!

Would like to see a response from the shop on this - very soon. Any future purchases from me will depend on it.

No one likes the guy who turns in the drug dealer.....

just saying..

Edited by GoLefty!!

Well done Andrew! You got 18 pages of response in less than 24 hours. You even topped the Evans Knox post.

Since they have deleted their facebook page, wouldn't it be a terrible pity if someone accidentally created a page called 'cycle science' (which would obviously be a fake real page) and then charge them R91 000 to get it back :ph34r:

(Yes, my mind is that twisted)

Since they have deleted their facebook page, wouldn't it be a terrible pity if someone accidentally created a page called 'cycle science' (which would obviously be a fake real page) and then charge them R91 000 to get it back :ph34r:

(Yes, my mind is that twisted)

I put it to you, DO it bro, as per your avatar . just saying

After reading all the posts a number of snotty comments are just sitting on the end of my tongue. As this is the hub maybe I should be a bit of a cat and let rip:

Firstly, you bought a genuine replica fake, or something like that. What you wanted was something that was like good, awesome, and would make you feel good. Which it did until you realised that it was neither genuine or a genuine replica ridden by some European pro cyclist. Now you are miffed. You feel cheated because it is a different bike, not because it was a worse bike. You assume that the bike is worse because Pinarello says it is not a Pinarello, not because you have cycled the real thing and felt the difference.

On this point it seems that you were easily parted with your money (goed koop is duur koop). As an analogy you went to a dodgy VW dealer to buy a BMW, and when realising you were sold a corsa you are the blixim in. It seems that in parting with almost 90k on a bike you were less prepared than when you go buying earl grey tea. It seems as if you were a willing victim of kakonomics, where suddenly you are aggrieved to realise that a non-registered (pinarello) dealer bike shop just doesn't suddenly sell Pinarello dogma's. I mean few people suddenly wake up in the morning and decide to buy a dogma, it is a dream bike, like a designer item, top of the brand the rolex of cycling, the rolls Royce of two wheels ext. To buy a dogma should entail working through the registered dealer and agent. You don't just buy a dogma. BUT you did.....

Also, as the Dogma is "the" bike, Pinarello and ASG should make more effort to sort this thing out. It is their good brand name that is being eroded. Image how much business (and helicopter flips) ASG is losing by Cycle Sciences little sideline? How can cycling a dogma be a status symbol when ever township boy is one a dagma look alike. What is the bumptious of that? Status must cost money and Cycle Science is eroding the entire edifice of the cycling pyramid. Next thing people will start winning races on Raleigh's.

Finally, you can take the loss as your instalment on your further education in cycling or chose to call your lawyers who will then call cycle sciences lawyers (who will then spend the money you gave them) to sort it all out and that would cost you the same.

Anyway, after all that cat-I-ness, I do feel sorry for you, partly because I was taken for a ride by a bike shop when I bought my first road bike. The guy sold me a bike that was 5cm too big. It was hell riding it and I had to buy a new frame shortly afterwards. But Karma is a b!tch and it turns out his wife preferred his bike mechanic in the hay.......

You are not referring to Mr Grant of a certain old shop in Centurion?

Agree, the OP got duped!

If I got duped and was "happy" until I found out about being duped, it doesn't mean I must stay happy with the situation.. I would do everything in my power to destroy them.

Must I contact the distributors each time I buy a bike to ensure it's not fake? No, you trust the shop you buy from!

Sense, go look it up in Wikipedia!

Not very common...

You are not referring to Mr Grant of a certain old shop in Centurion?

No, but this sounds interesting.........

anyone called the shop in question and ask if they can do you deal on a Pina?

No response . Zuma must be the chairman of the company that owns the shop ??

Agree, the OP got duped!

If I got duped and was "happy" until I found out about being duped, it doesn't mean I must stay happy with the situation.. I would do everything in my power to destroy them.

Must I contact the distributors each time I buy a bike to ensure it's not fake? No, you trust the shop you buy from!

Sense, go look it up in Wikipedia!

The article on "Sense" in Wikipedia is about the physiological capacities of organisms that provide data for perception, e.g. for humans, sight, hearing, taste, smell, and touch. It's very interesting. But what is the connection between it and what you are talking about???

I just wonder:

Cycle Science has long been a favorite in the Broadacres and Fourways community when it comes to quality bicycle service and products. But to set us apart from the competition, we dropped our training wheels and is proud to welcome you into the new and improved Cycle Science shop.It is run by Roberto Gallinetti and John Fitzsimmons. Roberto known as Robbie to every one cut his trade with the former Alan Van Heerden Cycles where he ran the shop for Alan for 16 years. Robbie has been in the industry for 28 years and has extensive knowledge and expertise in the cycling business. John has been in the industry for 8 years and has applied himself to the industry like a veteran.

Just have to wonder if Mr Van Heerden would love to be connected with this shop. Even having your name on their website at this moment must be like poison.

anyone called the shop in question and ask if they can do you deal on a Pina?

The Nigerian owned hustler shop in Yeoville also sells pina.