Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

Nope those lowlife crooks at CS have won plenty of suckers money to date, they win so far.

nope,they don't win,that I am sure of !

Edited by bassasdaindia

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could have been a Evo Black

Seen a few of them .....but not fake though

Yeah maybe, it had what looked like a slightly more tear drop shaped down tube...going so fast only had a chance to see the down tube...

Hijack off

Yeah maybe, it had what looked like a slightly more tear drop shaped down tube...going so fast only had a chance to see the down tube...

Hijack off

bet you were on your MTB

Have been following this thread from the beginning. It is sad that honest business is on the decline. Who is to blame?

There was a thread in the past about the cost of cycling related products. Is it possible that the cycling industry is to be blamed as well? Have a look at carbon wheel prices. Over R40 000-00 for a set of Bora Ultras! How "old" is that specific wheel design. It has not changed and yet it is super expensive. A chinese wheel set comes in at R6000 about. Don't tell me it is all because of better materials, R&D etc that makes their wheels so expensive. The same goes for frames, groupsets etc. A top of a range Pinarello, Cannondale, Look etc are more expensive than some cars and even motorbikes. The likes of Enve, Zipp, Mavic to name a few, are being priced above what the average consumer wants and can afford and opens a void that is being filled by the chinese with cheaper and fake products.

I don't condone the practice of selling fake for genuine, but prices are getting ridiculous expensive

I don't condone the practice of selling fake for genuine, but prices are getting ridiculous expensive

PRETTY MUCH SUPPLY/DEMAND

WE KEEP PAYING MORE AND MORE WHY NOT PUSH UP THE PRICE TO THE SAME AS A SMALL CAR they know we will keep buying them, so why not

PRETTY MUCH SUPPLY/DEMAND

WE KEEP PAYING MORE AND MORE WHY NOT PUSH UP THE PRICE TO THE SAME AS A SMALL CAR they know we will keep buying them, so why not

And making a huge profit same as the cycle shop discussed here

Have been following this thread from the beginning. It is sad that honest business is on the decline. Who is to blame?

There was a thread in the past about the cost of cycling related products. Is it possible that the cycling industry is to be blamed as well? Have a look at carbon wheel prices. Over R40 000-00 for a set of Bora Ultras! How "old" is that specific wheel design. It has not changed and yet it is super expensive. A chinese wheel set comes in at R6000 about. Don't tell me it is all because of better materials, R&D etc that makes their wheels so expensive. The same goes for frames, groupsets etc. A top of a range Pinarello, Cannondale, Look etc are more expensive than some cars and even motorbikes. The likes of Enve, Zipp, Mavic to name a few, are being priced above what the average consumer wants and can afford and opens a void that is being filled by the chinese with cheaper and fake products.

Ego is to blame... like you say, there are cheaper alternatives, but our ego's dictate we need to pretend we are all that and need/and can afford the big names :blush:

You have got to wonder if they had any insurance claims stemming from this?? :ph34r:

dont we know anyone in insurance maybe they should ask the shops insurer were there any strange happenings when they done the fire investigation and point them to this thread for character reference who knows maybe some irregularities they overlooked because of good faith !!!!!its not a stretch

Dishonesty affects us all. Based on this thread alone, most (with the exception of TheV and a few others), are up in arms about the brazen, arrogance of Cycle Psychos. Yet, alarmingly, nobody is willing to do anything about it. We feign mock indignation, but nobody is prepared to get involved.

Why don't a group of hubbers organise a ride to Broadacres Shopping Centre on Saturday morning, and pop in at the store? I don't advocate anything more than a show of solidarity for the OP. Just a "we know what you're up to, and the game is over" type visit. No harm, no foul.

Cycle Science will continue to fleece new customers daily and operate as they have in the past with absolute impunity if WE, cyclists in general and hubbers in particular, don't highlight this issue. Talk online is cheap, actions speak louder than words. C'mon fellows and fellowettes, organise a protest ride.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Brogue

Businesses making good profits... what a novel idea.

Yip....they not in it for the laughs so power to them.

dont we know anyone in insurance maybe they should ask the shops insurer were there any strange happenings when they done the fire investigation and point them to this thread for character reference who knows maybe some irregularities they overlooked because of good faith !!!!!its not a stretch

Anyone know the shopping centre well? Did the fire affect the store?

Dishonesty affects us all. Based on this thread alone, most (with the exception of TheV and a few others, are up in arms about the brazen, arrogance of Cycle Psychos. Yet, alarmingly, nobody is willing to do anything about it. We feign mock indignation, but nobody is prepared to get involved.

Why don't a group of hubbers organise a ride to Broadacres Shopping Centre on Saturday morning, and pop in at the store? I don't advocate anything more than a show of solidarity for the OP. Just a "we know what you're up to, and the game is over" type visit. No harm, no foul.

Cycle Science will continue to fleece new customers daily and operate as they have in the past with absolute impunity if WE, cyclists in general and hubbers in particular, don't highlight this issue. Talk online is cheap, actions speak louder than words. C'monfellows and fellowettes, organise a protest ride.

Are you suggesting a few of us go and "bliksem" them?