Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be fooled, dude, goldies can be vicious…

post-1604-0-54571800-1396589280_thumb.jpg

A bit like a bike shop that bites the hand that fees it? :thumbdown: They only chew stuff that belongs to someone they love! :thumbup:

If they are handing out refunds I think what Cycle Science should do as a gesture is pay for a REAL Dogma 65.1 from ASG and have it delivered to the OP, Andrew and have him set up up it.

After which they can all shake hands and have a burning of the fake they sold the OP.

Saw the word ‘refund’ on The Hub, logged in but nothing yet. Which goes to show that the squeakiest wheel only gets the most oil if it’s genuine and not a cheap knock off? I am very pleased for the person getting the refund who called to thank me. He too was initially threatened with legal fire and brimstone; oh how the (genuine) wheel turns :) Will let you know if I am refunded.

Hey guys, it is Friday - Are you going to crash my mail server with this thread? :wacko:

Will do my best…

Well guys and girls its been great fun and really entertaining. I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread the past couple of days. Between the Hub, Devi from Carte Blanche, the lawyers, 702 and The Mix radio stations, even perhaps something from ASG or Pinarello international it appears that Cycle Science may have realised that they were doing something wrong. I have heard that a refund was made to a Cycle Science Chinarello customer in the last 24hrs.

Its nice to see that Robbie and John have started cleaning up what is surely the biggest scandal to hit a cycling shop in a long time. It didn't have to blow up into the size scandal it has become, if only they had handled it differently from the start.

Perhaps we have all learnt something from this as it has been quite educational. Loads of laughs and a really cool vibe between Hubbers.

I hope the store will make good with the rest of the affected customers so they can try regain some of the reputation they had before they changed their ways. I look forward to seeing that.

sorry but the thread is moving to fast for me :

• was the OP refunded or another customer of SC ?
  • If SC are refunding their clients then why didn't they do this in the beginning to avoid this scandal ?

Edited by bassasdaindia

If they are handing out refunds I think what Cycle Science should do as a gesture is pay for a REAL Dogma 65.1 from ASG and have it delivered to the OP, Andrew and have him set up up it.

After which they can all shake hands and have a burning of the fake they sold the OP.

Rather treat AA's wife with BIG SURPRISE (worth R91k).......OP already owns original bike, but SWAMBO is still a matter at hand that needs to be resolved......;-)

74 pages of ranting and raving about a crooked shop can't be good for business...

Rather treat AA's wife with BIG SURPRISE (worth R91k).......OP already owns original bike, but SWAMBO is still a matter at hand that needs to be resolved......;-)

cash refund in hand would be first prize :thumbup:

Then its the shops problem to get their name out of the crap, how they would do this... hell knows!!

74 pages of ranting and raving about a crooked shop can't be good for business...

if a refund is forthcoming as I sais earlier "cycling is the loser"

I have heard that a refund was made to a Cycle Science Chinarello customer in the last 24hrs.

Surely it would have been in their best interest to sort Mr Armstrong out first and get this thread closed.

Maybe that way they could salvage what's left of their reputation.

A refund is one thing. They have actually broken the law so will have to answer to authorities other than the OP and other clients. If Pinarello are suing them I fear that the OPs rants are the least of their problems. SARS might be knocking on their door too.

Kind of like an hour penalty for cutting 5 metres.