Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We could spare a thought to them.

But what are they gonna do to make the situation better. I never watched the clip. I don't know these guys to pass my own judgement. But based solely on what hubbers(should we trust 'em) have said, these are not only people with no loyalty, they are arrogant as well.

They should, get forgiveness from those affected, make right the wrong they did, and prove they won't do it again.... Then I'm with you on thoughts

Hi Meezo

The guys responsible for consciously selling fakes and jeopardizing the lives of their consumers..agreed they will need to face the consequences of their actions..it's the lives of the many innocent people indirectly linked to Cycle Science caught up in the aftermath that I empathise with

Maybe Cycle Science should change their bussiness strategy to...we sell fakes, you want it, we got it... :clap:

They might be in bussiness for years to come still...trading in fakes :whistling:

I saw this on Carte Blanche last night and found this forum, I am about to buy my first road bike and now I'm a bit tentative. Can anyone recommend a reputable dealer?

They can close their doors today! They had guilty written all over their faces on the interview with Carte Blanche. Anybody want to open a new shop, there will be a good premises available soon!

So without the need for a flame suit, if an unbranded "chinese" bike looks like a particular original branded bike, lets say a Dogma, then is it a fake/counterfeit?

I'm sure AA involved them long before he posted on the cycle hub.

And rightly so, I'd also be peeved if I was taken for 91k.

I spoke to Robbie and here are the facts: they were all fully aware and totally informed that the pinarellos we're not genuine prior to the purchase. Despite being wealthy they wanted to save money but still have the designer label. After being humiliated in Australia and forced(?) to buy a new bike he develops a sense of indignation and self righteousness and exacts revenge by going the cowardly route and contacting carte Blanche, regardless of the fact that he is jeopardizing someone's livelihood. He only has himself to blame. No one put a gun to his head. Take responsibility!

I saw this on Carte Blanche last night and found this forum, I am about to buy my first road bike and now I'm a bit tentative. Can anyone recommend a reputable dealer?

Whereabouts are you?

As an aside it is sad that 'all' other bike shops are now being dragged down by this ...... Perhaps I am just naive but surely this is not the 'norm'?

I spoke to Robbie and here are the facts: they were all fully aware and totally informed that the pinarellos we're not genuine prior to the purchase. Despite being wealthy they wanted to save money but still have the designer label. After being humiliated in Australia and forced(?) to buy a new bike he develops a sense of indignation and self righteousness and exacts revenge by going the cowardly route and contacting carte Blanche, regardless of the fact that he is jeopardizing someone's livelihood. He only has himself to blame. No one put a gun to his head. Take responsibility!

There is only one fact that I care about is this: Robbie was selling fakes. That's criminal.

Yet it's OK to jeopardize the lives of the people that are riding these fake bikes?

No need to be tentative, unless you're in the market for a top end Italian bike provided by a bottom-end Broadacres LBS. Loads of hardworking, reputable retailers out there. Where are you based?