Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

Guest DieBees

I wonder what a fake Pinarello is really worth.

You can pick up a frame for R 6000 delivered to your door from Dengfu.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can pick up a frame for R 6000 delivered to your door from Dengfu.

That is what it costs but what is a fake Pina actually worth ?

The current report is business as usual at CS. We'll probably have to wait and see...

So it's true that there is no such thing as bad publicity! :whistling:

Edited by Hennie VR

Guest EdEdEd

I agree, he and his partner sounded doff and also took it as a joke

Finally I found a GIF to portray just how much sense they made!

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/horse570.gif

Edit: This is horse YOGA... An intimate and spiritual excercise for horse and owner. (WTF)

Edited by EdEdEd

Edit: This is horse YOGA... An intimate and spiritual excercise for horse and owner. (WTF)

I bet you that horse kicked him in the head at some stage! Yes, very appropriate! :D

Edited by DJR

what is a fake Pina actually worth ?

What someone is willing to pay for it........and you'll get someone.

What someone is willing to pay for it........and you'll get someone.

You mean someone as fake as the bike?

This was written yesterday on the aeroplane so most if not all the points raised have been addressed already.

While I do agree that I shouldn't expect ASG to fight my fight. One point I made (if you scroll back to my earlier posts) is that I wasn't aware of the existence of ASG before buying the bike. (Just as I am similarly unaware who the local distributor of Rotel amplifiers or Burberry Handbags are). So I wasn't knowingly buying a "grey" import to cut out ASG. However, what I did say to Cycle Science (CS) and later to Carte Blanche was that if the frame or accessories were genuine albeit 'grey' I would keep them. For example, I have no qualms keeping the group set, perhaps CS imported that directly too? How would I know? I bought a second Dogma in Australia and I couldn't tell you who the distributor for Pinarello is in that country either. Although it would be ironic if my second Dogma was "grey" import too!! I trusted the LBS on both occasions. (The one in Oz is my family there's LBS)

On my return, my attorney found out who the Pinarello agents in South Africa are as he didn't accept the document from Australia that my bike was fake. ASG were very helpful in certifying my bike was indeed fake at short notice. Initially CS said I knew my bike was a "grey" import all along, when we proved that my bike was not a "grey" import but a fake, they then modified the story to "I knew my bike was fake all along".

While ASG is standing up for the brand integrity of Pinarello what of Swiss Wheels? The bike came with fake wheels too and I still don't know who the agent is. The other bikes as far as my memory serves me also had fake wheels on.

The fact is some, more than others, rely on the bike shop.

Written on BA 430 LHR to AMS and no one told me to switch off phone or take out my headphones for the duration of the flight. Wish the Kalula air crew could act similarly instead of making you switch off 20 mins before landing for no reason whatsoever. And they seem to get a perverse pleasure from telling you to switch off "right now".

Written on BA 430 LHR to AMS and no one told me to switch off phone or take out my headphones for the duration of the flight. Wish the Kalula air crew could act similarly instead of making you switch off 20 mins before landing for no reason whatsoever. And they seem to get a perverse pleasure from telling you to switch off "right now".

hehe... I think the BA aircraft may be equipped with their own base stations which according to the regulations in the UK allows them to allow passengers to use their cell phones. I doubt that Kalula have the same technology yet (co$t)

Amsterdam hmmm....

HAHA!! But you'd better lock up your bike!!! Mate of mine works for Boeing over there, and he's had 5 stolen from him in the past 6 months.

Ah but does he paint it matte black and then scratch it?

My sister in Holland told me that is what a lot of guys do when I asked how come every bike I saw looked old and scratched up. Apparently it makes them less likely to be stolen.

HAHA!! But you'd better lock up your bike!!! Mate of mine works for Boeing over there, and he's had 5 stolen from him in the past 6 months.

According to my dutch friends, no one steals bikes. They belong to everybody. So if someone takes 'your' bike, you take the next available one. Incredible system!! Lol

shock and horror !!! theft in holland? is the rest of the world not the place of milk and honey and only SA the hub of all crime( no pun intended)