Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

What a load of BS!

I wonder if the Randburg Prosecutor has ever read the Conterfeit Goods act, wherein it is expressly listed as a criminal act to sell counterfeit goods...

Good Luck Andrew - These criminals have to pay.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... is this not something can be taken to someone like the public protector.

... prosecutor failing in duties.

G

What a load of BS!

I wonder if the Randburg Prosecutor has ever read the Conterfeit Goods act, wherein it is expressly listed as a criminal act to sell counterfeit goods...

Good Luck Andrew - These criminals have to pay.

I hear Grey Mandrod are representing them.

is he the barry roux of cases of this nature??

its actually typical, bike forum FULL OF CYCLISTS read this thread, all swear they wont use the shop,the "MIGHTY CB" does a "in depth slating" of the bike shop, and gues what,,,,,,,,,,THEY STILL OPERATING :eek:

MAKES YOU THINK

My response to their statement

"ask for a counter fit, asked for a chinarello, a cheapie"

that implies I don't have money.

Why then would you have bought a real one, a non fake in "Australia" that clearly implies you got the money, and you wanted the real thing, end of their case.

G

Just an update on the Cycle Science saga, I laid a criminal case, however the Randburg prosecutor declined to prosecute as they deemed it a civil matter.

I issued a civil summons for my money back only for Cycle Science to issue an action to defend. In Cycle Science’s response, they said:

· I asked for a Chinese manufactured bicycle

· The fake bike was assembled by J & J Wholesalers

· Cycle Science is claiming damages from me of R450,856 for loss of earnings owing to saying I purchased a fake bike on Carte Blanche and Cycle Hub (sic)

I responded that I did appear on Carte Blanche but they must prove that the statements I made were ‘misrepresentations’, especially as Cycle Science itself admitted on Carte Blanche to selling fake products. Finally we asked how did they come by the fact that I was responsible for the R450,856 in damages.

They have until today to respond, thereafter I will request a trial date from the court.

The wheels of justice turn slowly but they turn…

My response to their statement

"ask for a counter fit, asked for a chinarello, a cheapie"

that implies I don't have money.

Why then would you have bought a real one, a non fake in "Australia" that clearly implies you got the money, and you wanted the real thing, end of their case.

G

It was also as I recall, clearly stated on the invoice - Pinarello :thumbup:

Not a chance in hell that I would buy a single thing from this bunch, they should be run out of the industry like the crooks they are. I have coffee after my rides at the Europa next door and twice I have needed to buy cycling stuff and refuse to take a step into their door.

Thanks for the update Andrew

I guess it is the standard response from any defense to counter sue. They still are not covering themselves in glory here. One would think that they would by now have come to their senses. I guess you can wait for your money (i.e. that it is not going to sink you financially if you do not get it), making things difficult for them as you can now drag this thing out if you wish to do so. I am sure you know this, but advise them that this should this not be settled out of court within a set time frame you will claim for your legal fees too. That may end up the equivalent of 2 x proper Pinarellos.

Those crooks are worried about loosing 450K which the dumb asses cant prove anyway , what about the damage to the Pinarello brand . I for one will never ever buy this brand as it is associated with fakes , ASG should charge them with loss of earnings to run them flat into the ground .In fact If I was them I would make sure that all local suppliers put their accounts on hold and stop supplying this shop .

... is this not something can be taken to someone like the public protector.

... prosecutor failing in duties.

G

Ask the prosecutor to submit his reasons for declining to prosecute in writing and forward a complaint to the Director of Prosecutions. They can review the decision. If prosecuted and convicted you can ask a compensation order. This can save lots of legal fees.

Thanks for the update Andrew

I guess it is the standard response from any defense to counter sue. They still are not covering themselves in glory here. One would think that they would by now have come to their senses. I guess you can wait for your money (i.e. that it is not going to sink you financially if you do not get it), making things difficult for them as you can now drag this thing out if you wish to do so. I am sure you know this, but advise them that this should this not be settled out of court within a set time frame you will claim for your legal fees too. That may end up the equivalent of 2 x proper Pinarellos.

something tells me, they chose the wrong guy to sell a fake to....its now a principal thing.

Was wondering, are they still a ASG:Pinarello agent?

Would be amazed if they are.

G

Those crooks are worried about loosing 450K which the dumb asses cant prove anyway , what about the damage to the Pinarello brand . I for one will never ever buy this brand as it is associated with fakes , ASG should charge them with loss of earnings to run them flat into the ground .In fact If I was them I would make sure that all local suppliers put their accounts on hold and stop supplying this shop .

Ask the prosecutor to submit his reasons for declining to prosecute in writing and forward a complaint to the Director of Prosecutions. They can review the decision. If prosecuted and convicted you can ask a compensation order. This can save lots of legal fees.

Like so :thumbup:

How about giving their response/feed back to CB. This should make for a good follow up. Get the guys from Super cycling in on this.