Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

Regarding ASG's point number 4 above.

I hope those insurance companies pursued fraud charges against the individuals.

Edited by Thug

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, I'm not done here yet and until we see something tangible from CS on finalising this matter whatever happens there is privvy to scrutiny here!

I'm going to stop reading this thread now........ noooo NOW.........nooooooooooooooo NOW ............noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (breath) ooooooooooooooo

NOW......

Nope, I'm not done here yet and until we see something tangible from CS on finalising this matter whatever happens there is privvy to scrutiny here!

Snap. I'm sticking around too. Till death us do part, be that the thread is shut down for new comments or Cycle Science is closed for business. I'd prefer the latter TBH.

Guest EdEdEd

I'm going to stop reading this thread now........ noooo NOW.........nooooooooooooooo NOW ............noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (breath) ooooooooooooooo

NOW......

how about now?

EDIT: seems like you'll be reading till 18 October 2035 - 01:25

Edited by EdEdEd

1. Interestingly we have had several cases (in working closely with insurance companies) where individuals tried to claim for an authentic Pinarello replacement where they had a fake frame that broke. This obviously raises serious safety concerns as well as the possible rejection or limitation of claims from insurance companies.

Regarding ASG's point number 4 above.

I hope those insurance companies pursued fraud charges against the individuals.

Agreed, for the most part. Submitting knowingly fraudulent claims deserves to be pursued criminally and civilly. However there are always exceptions. Retailers who betray consumers should be shut down and made to feel the heat of the law.

As the OP and other CS victims have demonstrated, they were unknowingly and unwittingly sold fake bikes as originals. Their claims would be reduced to the cost of Chinarello frames, THAT would be shock and punishment enough. Unfortunately ignorance and naivety play a large role, mostly insofar as newcomers to cycling is concerned, especially in the second hand market. There's always somebody waiting to take advantage of enthusiasm.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Brogue

:cursing: registered but it doesn't give me any info

Just says I'm registered

That odd. The registration page asks you to register to receive the warranty termsand conditions. Maybe they mail it too you once registered. Look took about 8 hrs to mail confirmation of registration

After cb dicussing the prices of bikes.

i wonder how many people were saying

honey i promise you its a fake and i didnt buy it from cs.

i only pay R400 dollars for the Pina

cheers Dion

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Edited by didi

Was thinking about how CS could try make this publicity into good publicity...

Simple, CS refunds the clients that want a refund. Triple morgue their houses if they have to.

Then re-brand themselves ans the cheep Chinese experts. And do it properly!

Cycle Science - we know the best knock-offs, we know the best prices, we'll get you riding the best...... cheap Chinese copies ever...

Just ask CB...

I live in the area and it's still pretty much business as usual. The legal wheels and processes in a civil case can drag on for a very long time so I wouldn't expect to see anything major happening very soon. If criminal charges have been laid that would be a different ball game and the boys in blue could come a knocking at any time.

I live in the area and it's still pretty much business as usual. The legal wheels and processes in a civil case can drag on for a very long time so I wouldn't expect to see anything major happening very soon. If criminal charges have been laid that would be a different ball game and the boys in blue could come a knocking at any time.

If criminal charges HAVE NOT been laid by fleeced buyers, I would question why this is so. Perhaps that's the smoking gun, unless "negotiations" are underway. Position a Hubsa Cam directed at their front door for us please Massey Ferguson, would love to see the boys in blue rock up :excl:

Was thinking about how CS could try make this publicity into good publicity...

Simple, CS refunds the clients that want a refund. Triple morgue their houses if they have to.

Then re-brand themselves ans the cheep Chinese experts. And do it properly!

Cycle Science - we know the best knock-offs, we know the best prices, we'll get you riding the best...... cheap Chinese copies ever...

Just ask CB...

as they say there is no such thing as bad publicity