Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

Well now, that finish did wonders for my fantasy league team...

Anyone who does not have 'Vanilla Ice' Kittel in their team...

What a sprinter.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a sprinter.

Me... But I'm playing a long game as I reckon he'll drop out before the big mountains to recover before the TdF. My coin is on Mathews to wrap up a points jersey...

Giro!

Was offline a while, Vanilla Ice ftw today again.

GC: I have to go Purito and Cudles with Nairo 3rd

Me... But I'm playing a long game as I reckon he'll drop out before the big mountains to recover before the TdF. My coin is on Mathews to wrap up a points jersey...

No Kittel for me either, but have Buhani

Quintana coming off the bus. These guys look a lot bigger on TV than they are in real life.

Most of the bikes were set up with a single 54 or 55 tooth big ring, for the TT. You could get up real close to the spare bikes on top of the team cars and see what the gear was.

I missed the Dan Martin / Garmin Sharp crash by about 200m from where I had gone to watch them race.

It was also interesting to see the individual team set up in the riders camp. I would have to say that Sky, Trek, BMC & Movistar gave the overall impression of being the most organized.

Most of the riders didn't arrive until about 30 - 40 minutes before they were due to start and for some reason, a lot of them, ( even from different teams) all warmed up with their noses stuffed with cotton wool. I don't know what the reason was. Vicks nasal spray was also in use.

It was nice to see it in the flesh though and the atmosphere was great.

The pre-race supporters village was a bit disappointing. CRC had a minimalist stand, a supplier of Fondriest & Basso bikes were there but apart from a couple of others that was about it. A cycling Giro shirt commemorating the start was GBP60 (about a R1000).

post-36272-0-81661300-1399802235_thumb.jpg

post-36272-0-08205100-1399802264_thumb.jpg

post-36272-0-87754000-1399802283_thumb.jpg

post-36272-0-78092800-1399802310_thumb.jpg

post-36272-0-33949100-1399802335_thumb.jpg

What a sprinter.

I've got Viviani, hoping for a upset