Shimano SA ( CPT)

wepat

Cool heat= monopolistic bunch of lazy chops with the best product agency you possibly wish for.

I have a lot of stories about their cr@p service.

Please buy overseas and post on Shimanos website so we get another disty locally.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe that this is correct. Last time I checked there was no duty on cycling parts. http://www.thehubsa....-cycling-goods/

But go with EVO. Local is lekker (when the price is right) ;)

No duties on parts.

So VAT and possibly a handling fee

There is a 10% customs fee (don't confuse with import duties) and then 14% VAT. Therefore take advertised price x 1.1 x 1.4 + other like shipping and sometimes even an admin fee.

There is a 10% customs fee (don't confuse with import duties) and then 14% VAT. Therefore take advertised price x 1.1 x 1.4 + other like shipping and sometimes even an admin fee.

I've never paid more than 15% and an admin fee if they've opened the package.

Coolheat has that attitude of like if you don't like tough titties deal with it or go to the opposition.

Cool heat= monopolistic bunch of lazy chops with the best product agency you possibly wish for.

I have a lot of stories about their cr@p service.

Please buy overseas and post on Shimanos website so we get another disty locally.

Cool heat= monopolistic bunch of lazy chops with the best product agency you possibly wish for. AGREED !

The local SRAM distributors are not much better. I've been waiting for a bolt kit for my crank since August. They jeep telling me it is on back order.

At least the Avid brakes are serviceable, shimano's fit,forget and then throw away offends the DIY man in me.

Uhm - Chainreaction prices are PER SIDE only.

So calculate again...

Our price is for an ICE-TEC SET.

Thnx for clearing that up... the "uhm" and "so calculate again" is taken as sarcasm... something that would make me not shop at your place, but thats just me. a simple explanation would have done. thnx again.

Thnx for clearing that up... the "uhm" and "so calculate again" is taken as sarcasm... something that would make me not shop at your place, but thats just me. a simple explanation would have done. thnx again.

Uhm, something tells me you are not the kind of customer he needs.

Uhm, something tells me you are not the kind of customer he needs.

im ok with that. no worries.

I actually received great service from coolheat but with roadbike stuff, dealt with jade and he sorted me out with no hassles.

Coolheats mtb stock always arrives 3 weeks after epic. . And yes if xtr/xt/slx is bled the wrong way you chuck away the lever. (xt and slx are the same only colour is different. . And the price)

Thx Wyatt.

I replied to the OP's question on why no CT shops have stock. We have - are situated in Durbanville and posted the link.

Louzy then proceeded to direct him to CRC in Ireland with a quote for half of what we sell - with the statement that local online are still way too expensive...

So I pointed out the fact - if he feels I was sarcastic - then so be it. But please compare apples with apples when quoting prices on a forum.

Thx Wyatt.

I replied to the OP's question on why no CT shops have stock. We have - are situated in Durbanville and posted the link.

Louzy then proceeded to direct him to CRC in Ireland with a quote for half of what we sell - with the statement that local online are still way too expensive...

So I pointed out the fact - if he feels I was sarcastic - then so be it. But please compare apples with apples when quoting prices on a forum.

Well said Naas

Your post was not at all sarcastic

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Thx Wyatt.

just to clear something up, i never directed anybody to any sites...

Chain Reaction at full price works out to R1593.00, discount is R1062.00 and Evo Bikes at discount are R3250.00

what are the import duties on the Chain reaction cycles goods?

Really??