Sani2c 2014 undertrained

BTW, a friend of mine spoke to Grant Usher (SS legend at Joberg2C) and he said that many ppl are over trained. He did nothing for 2.5weeks leading up to the race and the guy friggen owned on his SS.

you want to compare to GRANT USHER he can sit at home for a year and do the epic :w00t:

that thing is a machine

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, a friend of mine spoke to Grant Usher (SS legend at Joberg2C) and he said that many ppl are over trained. He did nothing for 2.5weeks leading up to the race and the guy friggen owned on his SS.

you want to compare to GRANT USHER he can sit at home for a year and do the epic :w00t:

that thing is a machine

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Dips, my thoughts exactly :eek: :eek: :eek:

:excl: Please, for your own health - do not compare Grant's "i did nothing for 2.5 weeks" to any normal person's version of that statement... :excl:

Please, for your own health - do not compare Grant's "i did nothing for 2.5 weeks" to any normal person's version of that statement...

SNAP

HIS "I HAVE DONE NOTHING IS ONLY 40 HOURS A WEEK"

I've ridden around the world 3 times and up Everest 27 times since Jan. You my friend are in big trouble. You may as well throw yourself into a tank of electric Zambezi sharks.

Sorry did not read all the advise but if you walk at a fast pace you can finish within the cut-off . Sani2C is a easy although VERY enjoyable stage race . Never use to train for it , if you get tired , stop have a fag (or energy drink) and continue when you feel strong again .

that thing is a machine

He is indeed a machine..... and he trains in secret.... on a trainer..... at midnight..... at home....

So he should easily be able to do the epic after a year at home... :)

Where the Hell do you Train to get that Ratio km/elevation... (3846m/100km riding on average)

That's a bigger ratio everyday than any Epic Stage...

I've done 4654km since Jan 1st with 62508m ascent (1358m/100km)

And Mine includes Garden Route 300, Cape Rouleur and Cape Epic

I think I need to come Join you for a few Months... :eek:

OMG, racing snakes...

This post made me look back at my overall years running up to Sani. In 2012 between May --> Dec I did a total of 30hrs. In 2013 May --> Dec I did 120hrs.

ROFL! I feel much better about Sani this year and hope to have fun, compete and enjoy it. Touch wood no technicals.

Sorry did not read all the advise but if you walk at a fast pace you can finish within the cut-off . Sani2C is a easy although VERY enjoyable stage race . Never use to train for it , if you get tired , stop have a fag (or energy drink) and continue when you feel strong again .

lol!!! tnx man

You'll be fine, just take it easy. Forget about riding now as you won't get any fitter in a week. Just focus on getting and staying healthy. I rode last year with a bug and had a torrid time. Do your best to be 100% healthy and you'll be fine. You do have the base.

Hey man,

Thanks for the reply! Tell me more about your bug situation last year?

Regards,

Ace

Where the Hell do you Train to get that Ratio km/elevation... (3846m/100km riding on average)

ja - thats was a typo...30000m in 1300km is the correct figure

Hey man,

Thanks for the reply! Tell me more about your bug situation last year?

Regards,

Ace

I have a 2 year old who brings many a different bug from creche. He had the RS virus less than a month before sani last year. It's a contagious respiratory viruses.

I was sick the entire April and although I did decent mileage during the first part of the year I did very little just before sani.

I felt ok enough to ride when May arrived. Did a long ride 2 weekends before sani and managed.

Day 1 came and from the gun my legs felt heavy. Riding in a group, as soon as the trail tilted upwards I slipped out the back. I finished relatively comfortably but knew that things weren't all good.

Day 2 was a nightmare. I felt a tightness in my lungs throughout the day and found myself flat on my back cramping like a beyotch for the better part of the last half of the race. Don't know how I finished.

Nursed it home on Day 3. Highlight was my partner breaking a chain, giving me some time to spend on my back in the bush.

In 2013 I was 5kgs lighter than 2012, where I finished comfortably, but the bug just broke me down badly. This year I'm popping multi-vits like a junkie! Still good... touch wood.

I have a 2 year old who brings many a different bug from creche. He had the RS virus less than a month before sani last year. It's a contagious respiratory viruses.

I was sick the entire April and although I did decent mileage during the first part of the year I did very little just before sani.

I felt ok enough to ride when May arrived. Did a long ride 2 weekends before sani and managed.

Day 1 came and from the gun my legs felt heavy. Riding in a group, as soon as the trail tilted upwards I slipped out the back. I finished relatively comfortably but knew that things weren't all good.

Day 2 was a nightmare. I felt a tightness in my lungs throughout the day and found myself flat on my back cramping like a beyotch for the better part of the last half of the race. Don't know how I finished.

Nursed it home on Day 3. Highlight was my partner breaking a chain, giving me some time to spend on my back in the bush.

In 2013 I was 5kgs lighter than 2012, where I finished comfortably, but the bug just broke me down badly. This year I'm popping multi-vits like a junkie! Still good... touch wood.

Cool man thnx for sharing!

Im in the same boat, im 90% healed, but i still have a little something on my chest, just gonna take it easy enjoy the ride and check the heart rate!

Cheers

Im in the same boat, im 90% healed, but i still have a little something on my chest, just gonna take it easy enjoy the ride and check the heart rate!

Cheers

Day 2 is tough in anyone's book. Manage yourself and take it easy. Eat and drink lots. It's easy to worry about other things and forget to eat and drink. Stop when you have to and take a break. Like I said, last yeat was a nightmare for me, but I was never close to a cutt off.

Day 2 is tough in anyone's book. Manage yourself and take it easy. Eat and drink lots. It's easy to worry about other things and forget to eat and drink. Stop when you have to and take a break. Like I said, last yeat was a nightmare for me, but I was never close to a cutt off.

cool! will do! thnx

Cheers

Do check your HR often...the stats on people having a heart attack due to being sick and still doing events etc is shocking...take it slowly buddy

Take dirt riders advice (though he said shag, but fag is more appropriate i guess :whistling: :eek:)