Tokai riding experience 7/5/14 - funny/dangerous observations

Headshot

Marko, The third choice should not be an option. There should be a sign at the bottom stating no riding up the rooty section and big berm. Think the baboons have stolen it...

It was a stab at humour, maybe too early in my day for me to try that :D

I would hazard a guess that anybody riding up that section is there for the first time.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right at the top, maybe that is DH3, not sure. When coming up form vasbyt you have the choice of going left onto the road or right through the forest. He decided to go straight ahead up that rough section (not sure how). This might help, although this is so out of context it may look like a hundred other places:

post-38097-0-81820600-1399621412_thumb.jpg

Yeah that looks like DH3 and it would be a bit daft to try and work your way up there, once someone is committed to riding down that there really is very little they can do to avoid an ascending rider.

Marko, The third choice should not be an option. There should be a sign at the bottom stating no riding up the rooty section and big berm. Think the baboons have stolen it...

Pretty sure it's still there

Pretty sure it's still there

It's entirely possible that a first time rider would miss any sign (no matter how large) as they stare at their front wheel and ponder how the heart attack hasn't happened yet.

Nope. It's still there as far as I know.

..if the two legged baboons are not ripping the signs off, the 4 legged baboons are eating them.

The newest set of signs are gone.

One sign indicating no cycling in the direction of up the berm is still in place and can be found on the old fence post at the exit chute of this section.

The intermediate signs addressing this urgent issue was met with what I can only describe as.. stupid. See below.

16: Language

post-13110-0-03687500-1399625863_thumb.jpg

I have no idea why this is on its side.. ??

..if the two legged baboons are not ripping the signs off, the 4 legged baboons are eating them.

The newest set of signs are gone.

One sign indicating no cycling in the direction of up the berm is still in place and can be found on the old fence post at the exit chute of this section.

The intermediate signs addressing this urgent issue was met with what I can only describe as.. stupid. See below.

16: Language

post-13110-0-03687500-1399625863_thumb.jpg

I have no idea why this is on its side.. ??

Are you saying that people, apparently fully functioning adults, are doing that? Not just the actual baboons?

You be the judge, here's exhibit B.

I saw the 4 legged species pulling the new signs apart but I cannot testify that I saw them cause damage to all the signs.

Directional trails are an emotional thing, those who say "just make it x" are not taking the full picture into account. Diverts are similarly not "just" built. Nor can the font "just" be changed. All these wishes are subject to a process and history has shown that not everyone is happy to wait for the result.

post-13110-0-94127400-1399626632_thumb.jpg

(Now it's vertical :blink: )

damn and they even had a pen with them, hmmmmmm

thats just messed up, pity certain types cant be banned from the area

You be the judge, here's exhibit B.

I saw the 4 legged species pulling the new signs apart but I cannot testify that I saw them cause damage to all the signs.

Directional trails are an emotional thing, those who say "just make it x" are not taking the full picture into account. Diverts are similarly not "just" built. Nor can the font "just" be changed. All these wishes are subject to a process and history has shown that not everyone is happy to wait for the result.

post-13110-0-94127400-1399626632_thumb.jpg

(Now it's vertical :blink: )

Judging by that picture and the standard of writing it may actually have been the baboons then.

Far fetched. ....But can that handwriting not be matched up to the visitors log on book at the gate?

it reads: FU crossC**nts.

so that smacks of a DHer barbing the knobs riding up. Opportunistic graffiti as opposed to destruction of the sign?

it reads: FU crossC**nts.

so that smacks of a DHer barbing the knobs riding up. Opportunistic graffiti as opposed to destruction of the sign?

Yeah but who takes a pen up there?

A DHer with delusions of an autograph session after he nails his run?

Edited by marko35s

Yeah but who takes a pen up there?

A DHer with delusions of an autograph session after he nails his run?

yes, understanding the mystery of the pen up a hill is key here ppl. :rolleyes: