Shower in CPT CBD

chaos_za

Hi Guys,

So CycleLab is closing down on Buitengracht street - They were my go to place for a shower when i commute into town, and it was really close to my work too - so pretty bummed when i heard about them closing their doors!

I do not have a gym membership and don't intend on getting one just to make use of a shower, on another note - is there even bicycle racks outside VA in the CBD?

I was wondering if anyone knew of any other free-ish shower spots in the CBD, I am willing to pay a small amount if need be as well, and i would only use the place once or twice a week.

Any help would be much appreciated! Otherwise i will have to go the way of the siff/wet wipes!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rain will start soon... no need for a shower.

No helpful answer available...

Why not find a house of ill repute?

They might be able to offer you a shower, and a post ride massage... :whistling:

...with happy ending :ph34r: :devil:

Lobby your place of work to have a shower installed.

Tried - To no avail.

The place of ill repute is not open so early in the morning haha.

Long Street baths seems like a plan, never been there before so need to check it out

Do it in the basin - better than nothing :whistling:

This is much more viable than you think. In olden days people cleaned themselves very well, using nothing more than a big jug of water and a bowl on their wash-tables in their bedrooms. In modern times, it works like this:

1. Fill basin, preferably with warm water, but cold works too, just not nice in winter. Boiling a kettle and adding some hot water works fine btw if your basin has no running hot water.

2. Take all your clothes off. Use wash cloth and soap, wash your face first. Then wash downwards to just above the real important bits. Then wash your feet, and wash upwards from your feet towards the important bits. Lastly wash the important bits.

3. Rinse wash cloth and wipe down with very wet cloth to get rid of soap, order of business same as above.

4. Dry with towel.

5. Get dressed before reporting to your office.

Other tips: Wait 5 or 10 minutes after you get off the bike and before you clean up. This is to allow you to stop sweating so profusely, especially in hot weather. Slow down the last 10 minutes of your commute, it will do the same thing.

It is as quick and efficient as a shower, just not so luxurious.

Edited by DJR

Perhaps you and some of the other commuters in Town can approach one of the bike shops in the CBD to see if they are willing to build a shower or 2 for their clientele. Perhaps one of the early morning coffee shops may be willing to assist as well.

Perhaps a good business opportunity for someone:

Early morning coffee shop that caters for the commuters, a few showers at the back and some lockers that can be rented on a monthly basis to store cycle kit and essentials. Pay a monthly membership fee that includes a free coffee and a shower Monday to Friday for say R500 a month or R50 per day for a shower and coffee.

Perhaps I should look into this...

2. Take all your clothes off. Use wash cloth and soap, wash your face first. Then wash downwards to just above the real important bits. Then wash your feet, and wash upwards from your feet towards the important bits. Lastly wash the important bits.

3. Rinse wash cloth and wipe down with very wet cloth to get rid of soap, order of business same as above.

Why on earth would you want to introduce athletes foot or worse from a public bathroom floor onto your important bits!!!

Perhaps a good business opportunity for someone:

Early morning coffee shop that caters for the commuters, a few showers at the back and some lockers that can be rented on a monthly basis to store cycle kit and essentials. Pay a monthly membership fee that includes a free coffee and a shower Monday to Friday for say R500 a month or R50 per day for a shower and coffee.

Perhaps I should look into this...

Ye i would totally be in to this - although R500 / month is a bit steep - might as well take a gym membership out then, but alas coffee + shower is always a good combination!