Female Cyclist on Beyers Naude Yesterday

Guest Hollow Man

Guest Hollow Man

I passed a White Lady yesterday evening on Beyers Naude Drive at 17.43, heading South between Ysterhout Drive and Jim Fouche Drive/st. Black and White kit; Light or white D/S MTB. I missed the Brand of the bike. Sadly I also missed the opportunity to take a photo for the Ladies and Bicycles Thread; she would qualify quite comfortably. :ph34r:

Dear Lady: Good to see You out on the bike, braving the evening chill. :thumbup:

However, You need to move Your rear light/flasher from the seat tube up to the Seatpost. The light is completely obscured by the bike's rear tyre until a vehicle is very close to Your rear end, almost to the point of being useless.

Not a true Rant; just a pointer as to how You might make Yourself more visible from the rear whilst riding; it could very well save Your life. I have had some close shaves on that road(no longer ride there because of this); a commuter was taken out from behind a few weeks ago on a stretch of road very close to where I saw You. I would prefer not to see You being loaded into an ambulance the next time we cross paths.

Please pass this on if You know the Lady concerned.

Edited by Hollow Man

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hollow Man

Are you sure you mean downtube?

http://greatescapebikes.com/merchant/823/images/site/road_frame_basic_anatomy_680.jpg

Ok, the SEAT TUBE is where the light was mounted. Thanks for the correction. Original Post amended.

* Us MTB okes call the pipes whatever we want to..... :D

Edited by Hollow Man

Guest Hollow Man

Are you sure you did not focus to much on the SEATPOST and that is maybe why you missed the light on the downtube ?

It is difficult not to be distracted momentarily by a Lady on an MTB Seatpost..

:whistling:

let me show you to the pms thread

Pick a finger facmp! Edited by JPC

Who is this forkie person you keep referring to?

oh, I meant ForkJou! Sorry.. :D