Tiagra or 105 for upgrade

Trawsaj

Hi guys

Currently have Shimano 2300 (8spd) on my Specialized Secteur. Been riding for about 2 years now and feel like it's time for an upgrade. Have got no issues with the brakes or crank (compact), but the shifting is starting to bug me. Also would like to get a wider range cassette, maybe something like a 11-26 (13-26 current).

Don't have a fortune to spend, so my question is is it worth it to upgrade to Tiagra components, or should I hold out and replace with 105's?

Thanks

Yeah 105 is far superior to Tiagra.

Coming from a 8 speed cassette, just make sure that your rear wheel hub can fit a 10/11 speed (or whichever size you are going with).

Tiagra is great, pretty much the Deore of the road world. It'll work, carry on working and not give you a moment's hassle - BUT - 105 DOES feel better. Personal experience. It's crisper, more refined and far better than Tiagra.

In the mean time, make sure your chain and cassette are fresh and replace the cables. This should give you an immediate improvement in shifting for very little money.

In the mean time, make sure your chain and cassette are fresh and replace the cables. This should give you an immediate improvement in shifting for very little money.

I've changed cables on my training bike with 1900's tiagra, so smooth ;)

even though rd is bent, still does the trick perfect.

Thanks. Might just do that in the interim and hold out a bit longer to replace with 105 later in the year.

Thanks for the advice guys!