Jonkershoek Closure

trailmansam

make it a a brand free zone and put up a thank you board at the entrance with all the names and logos of companies contributing to the fund.

Thing is that some companies want to remain anonymous in their donations, no matter the cause.

But I for one am all for Spaz making their involvement known.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude needs to up his game if doesn't want Ride-In to take the customers.... plain and simple really.

And get rid of the Scott boards, otherwise they must come to the party

From what i've heard, Ride In have really come with an attractive offering that has left these guys floundering. Showers, better food, better facilities and so on.

From what i've heard, Ride In have really come with an attractive offering that has left these guys floundering. Showers, better food, better facilities and so on.

The bloke at Ride In is (very sensibly) basing his plans on the UK trail centres which are a couple of steps ahead of what exists here in SA. The potential here is phenomenal though given the terrain and climate.

make it a a brand free zone and put up a thank you board at the entrance with all the names and logos of companies contributing to the fund. maybe that is a way to get more bike brands to give money so that people have a place to use their products!

Thank you. That is all we ask for.

Thing is that some companies want to remain anonymous in their donations, no matter the cause.

But I for one am all for Spaz making their involvement known.

then ask not to be named....if you want to get the other bike brands involved and contributing and to stop ambush marketing, make it a level playing field...

so are you complaining that there is no Specialized signing on the coffee shop? I am sure the owner of the coffe shop can put on any branding he wants to as he did not get free Specialized bikes? By closing the trails you will basically tell all MTBers that they cant go there, so they will just go somewhere else...

If you look at Tokai, people mantain those trails out of their own and they do a flippen good job! Was there the weekend and well done on the single track! I went to Jonkershoek and their trails is okish, but Tokai was just better mantained...CPT Mayhem I think is involved there and he doesnt get any recognition from Tokai?

Been to Jonkers a few times, never once used the Coffee Shop in question.

Ride In on the other hand, we cycle from Durbanville to Ride In, have a small bite to eat, drink a coffee, and then continue with our ride.

So if this oke is miffed about Ride In taking his bussiness away, he must up his game quite a bit.

Could Trailmansam please identify himself - so far 5 posts

Who are we dealing with (or am I missing something?)?

Yes I know he says he is from TMM

MTB_Roadie

"I went to Jonkershoek and their trails is okish" - Not quite, which is why this pending issue is of most primary importance. Jonkershoek is the closest thing we have to proper Alpine riding preparation.

Truthfully: the only way this Friday could get worse would be a WhatsApp confirming the in-laws have arrived for a surprise weekend visit in the Cape.

so are you complaining that there is no Specialized signing on the coffee shop? I am sure the owner of the coffe shop can put on any branding he wants to as he did not get free Specialized bikes? By closing the trails you will basically tell all MTBers that they cant go there, so they will just go somewhere else...

If you look at Tokai, people mantain those trails out of their own and they do a flippen good job! Was there the weekend and well done on the single track! I went to Jonkershoek and their trails is okish, but Tokai was just better mantained...CPT Mayhem I think is involved there and he doesnt get any recognition from Tokai?

Not on the committee any more, dude. I used to be, and I used to be up there often but not as much any more. I still go to build days when I can, but the oke up there at the moment is Bennet Nel of Ace of Spades, as well as Deon.

Thanks for the props though - will pass them on to the okes who are doing the work!

I wonder if i put up a board advertising my own cycle club at the entrance of Meerendal would piss off Tygerberg mtb club much?

This is pretty much the case here. I must admit, the Scott signage is way out of character for the building and history of the area. Like a quick paste job slapped up in the face of the public. Obscene actually..

Not on the committee any more, dude. I used to be, and I used to be up there often but not as much any more. I still go to build days when I can, but the oke up there at the moment is Bennet Nel of Ace of Spades, as well as Deon.

Thanks for the props though - will pass them on to the okes who are doing the work!

Ah ok didnt know, but you played a big role before, all of you guys did a awesome job. Hopefully people from Jonkershoek can see it is not about recognition but enjoyment, you guys build trails for yourself and others. Everyone who rides there appreciate it, they just dont know who to thank.,...

MTB_Roadie

"I went to Jonkershoek and their trails is okish" - Not quite, which is why this pending issue is of most primary importance. Jonkershoek is the closest thing we have to proper Alpine riding preparation.

Truthfully: the only way this Friday could get worse would be a WhatsApp confirming the in-laws have arrived for a surprise weekend visit in the Cape.

True, I am just saying in the end this guy is spiting everyone, so he should rather stop being worried about advertising and just have people enjoy the trails...in the end if no one uses the trails then no one will benefit at all.

"is way out of character for the building and history of the area" - now that is the axiom of a proper argument Pain or Shine.

And what of the trails that existed before Specilaized/TMM got involved? You going to close that down too?