Would you source straight from Taiwan if you could

TaiwaneseFarmer

Would you source from a registered trading company directly out of Taiwan for your components?

Higher end stuff will of course be cheaper, and group buying on tires etc will save a lot of money.

What would be your concerns as a customer?

Thanks.

Expat in Taiwan

Edited by TaiwaneseFarmer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you source from a registered trading company directly out of Taiwan for your components?

Higher end stuff will of course be cheaper, and group buying on tires etc will save a lot of money.

Thanks.

Expat in Taiwan

YES

Would you lick your own nuts if you could?

NO!

I know getting shimano products direct from Japan is a problem, they will not supply you even if you bought a container and will direct you to the agent in your country. We tried going via other countries in the east but when you work out landed cost vs what we could get it local the price diff wasnt much and not worth the effort.

They are however setting up a new plant in the philippines so hopefully can explore that avenue sometime :whistling:

The idea is go direct to the factory if you looking to score anyone can buy direct from a retailer that side, unless you doing something diff the landed cost wouldnt be that much different from SA :thumbup:

Edited by Malpiet

Thanks.

Expat in Taiwan

YOU A 1 POST WONDER

YOU ARE NOT LOCAL, WARRANTIES/BACK UP

DAMAGE TO LOCAL MARKET

CONSISTENCY IN QUALITY(we import first batch is always great and then....not so much)

WHEN THERE IS A ISSUE I MUST GO ASK FOR MY LBS TO HELP ME AFTER I BOUGHT IT IN FROM U

A REGISTERED TRADING COMPANY DOES NOT INSURE WE NOT GOING TO GET SHAFTED

MOST IMPORTANTLY TO ME

MY 3 LBS I USE GIVE GREAT SERVICE AND I AM HAPPY TO PAY THEIR MARK UP THEY CHARGE

NOT FOR ME, NO THANKS

Thanks.

Expat in Taiwan

No I would not. I support local business. It is tough to survive as a bike shop in SA. They need all the support that we can give them. They should not just be there for technical advice when we don't come right with our imported part. Support the shop, get the advice. Buy from overseas, phone them when you need help. Edited by Vetseun

Thanks.

Expat in Taiwan

Concerns:

Warranty Claims

Volume required for order

Customs

Import / export license

damage to local market...

Edited by MoreTrails

Guest EdEdEd

Thanks.

Expat in Taiwan

Uhm, ek het foekoel geld nie!!!

Hell yes!

Lick balls or buy components that will never get here? Edited by fabes

Guest EdEdEd

I would

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Mark-Zuckerberg.gif