Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

If only I had the funds.  :(

She is a beaut, and at that price a steal also.  :wub:

ANDYMAN, ANOTHER ONE FOR YOUR COLLECTION!!!

I already have that ones sister :-)

They are really lovely bikes - If I didn't already have one I would snap it up in a heartbeat.  But Steve knows that already!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys. 

Glad to report the Dakkie is sold. Dude collecting it tonight. And then tomorrow I am collecting the Versys. 

So does anyone know of decent spots that I can look at for the versus? Or where i can look. 

And since it does not have crash bars on, I was considering putting bullbar brackets on the forks (it is upside down forks) with the spots. 

Thoughts? 

I'm not sure of availability in SA, but the Baja Designs lights are awesome.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/led-auxilary-lights.asp

I have 2 of them mounted into a rally fairing.

post-10758-0-36815300-1568581751_thumb.jpg

The top one is the Squadron Sport in Spotlight configuration, and I have it wired to come on as my high-beam.

550001_t.jpg

The bottom one is a Squadron Sport in Driving/Combo configuration. It's wired to be my regular headlight, and stays on when the high-beam is active.

550003_t.jpg

At a total of 6300 lumens (3150 each), they pack quite a punch. I may or may not be responsible for the blinding of a few possums while riding with the high-beams on.

2016-Motorcycle-Lighting-Zones-Chart.jpg

The build quality is exceptional. They have a good range of spares (lenses etc), mount kits and other accessories.

A worthwhile investment!

So the Versys was driven from Hermanus to Cape town. 

That was fun. I am trying to explain the difference to people who do not know bikes, but wants to know how it feels different. My answer is horses for courses from this morning. 

I am very, very happy with the bike. It is an 08 650 with 33 000 on the clock. 

It feels perfect for how and where I ride. 

Barker trumpet will be installed end of Feb 2020. 

Yes, I now know there is a rattle just under the clocks. I also played around with the lever settings and what feels and works with my hands. 

I must say that I have to get use to the bike again. shifting gears etc feels different and now and then it is kind of jerky. 

So it seems that my luck has changed, and I just need to get to durbs to get my mitts on this lovely lady. Comes with another bike as a donor. Soon. Soooooon. 

Congrats, and red bikes are faster

So it seems that my luck has changed, and I just need to get to durbs to get my mitts on this lovely lady. Comes with another bike as a donor. Soon. Soooooon.

Just make sure that the decompression lever works, otherwise push kick-start down till it bites and then kick all the way down otherwise you'll have a bleeding, very sore shin. But they are great bikes, old but great.

Just make sure that the decompression lever works, otherwise push kick-start down till it bites and then kick all the way down otherwise you'll have a bleeding, very sore shin. But they are great bikes, old but great.

Yep, I remember the kickback well. An old mate of mine got flung into his garage door trying to start it when the piston wasn't in the right position. LOL. 

He was only 40kg though. Skin and bone.

If you cant kick start a bike......