Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Shame not that it's strictly Motorcycle related, but I'm guessing we all interested in the same type of programs - Jessi Combs from the program Overhaulin' died while trying to set a land speed record.

I enjoyed her on Mythbusters too :-(

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame not that it's strictly Motorcycle related, but I'm guessing we all interested in the same type of programs - Jessi Combs from the program Overhaulin' died while trying to set a land speed record.

I enjoyed her on Mythbusters too :-(

Yeah, sad to have read that.

I enjoyed watching her in Overhauling, always elbow deep in the innards of the vehicles they were busy with.

Crazy speed records she set and held, one was for over 400mp/h. 

I think thefts generally have surged and motorbikes are just one of the targets. 

Unfortunately.

Just seen a big increase on the FB groups, bikes being stolen quite a bit.

Maybe out of the loop, but not so much bicycles anymore

Latest trick here in UK is to put trackers on motorbikes and steal them later. So they see your bike at a meet or café etc and place a lil tracker on it. Find out where you live and steal it when convenient

Same can be done with bicycles I spose. These trackers are minute.

My KTM (mentioned a few pages back) was outside the mechanics shop in the UK and a white van pulled up next to it, three guys got out and loaded the bike in the back and were gone before anyone noticed anything.  I saw the CCTV of the event and it was fast!  

What chain lube are you all using? 

Ive just finished my can of lIqui Moly but I wasnt stoked on it, looking for something else! 

What chain lube are you all using? 

Ive just finished my can of lIqui Moly but I wasnt stoked on it, looking for something else! 

Gear oil

Clean thoroughly, then apply oil to a warm chain. Make sure it you get the individual rollers going.Wipe off excess

Gear oil

Clean thoroughly, then apply oil to a warm chain. Make sure it you get the individual rollers going.Wipe off excess

I use muc off bicycle lube. Clean chain. Lube an clean again. Works well but takes a bit of time.

Very little fling if done correctly and also gives you the opportunity to inspect the chain. Far more efficient than a spray can.

Edited by IceCreamMan

Gear oil

Mean this well but that's not a great recommendation. Gear oil is too thin, gets everywhere!!!!

Even after wiping off the excess